The Big Green Egg?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
yeah........cablela's has em.........bout 500 bux........would love to have one.......a set it and forget it type smoker..........

mite be a nice entry into the smoking werld........but.......being a set it and forget it type smoker......you will still not learn how to smoke......but i am a charcol/stick burner type of a guy........

jm2cw

d88de

I have had pork butts out of an Egg and an R2D2 at one of our bashes. Bout the only differences between the smokers was the amount of charcoal needed to complete the butts.
Save your money, buy more meat.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Wow, those Bradley's look nice. However, I'm kinda with Walking Dude on this.

I really don't want to set it and forget it. I had a blast with my first smoke Saturday (no matter how crazy I got) and really enjoyed the whole process. I had the college football games on, the smoker going and a cooler of a local microbrew. I really had a great time! If I just wanted to kinda set and let it go, well, that's what my ovens for.

Those Bradley's really do look nice! Thank you very much for the find.

but skipper........a oven MAY be a set it and forget it.........but it WON"T give you smoke like a bradley........i would like to have one just for doing sausages and such.........maybe when i just don't have time to babysit my smoker..........still produces good Q.......and you can hit the sack for a all nite smoke, like doing a packer.........but NOTHING will ever replace the bone tired, worn out feeling of enjoying ( i use the term losely.......hehee) a all nite brisket smoke.........when i do those......i hang here, and chat with y'all......at least till 2-3 am, when wiser heads have hit the sack.....but i feel that doing so.......the folks eating my q, can feel the love i put into a all nite smoke

d88de

Man, that sounds like fun Dude!

I'm looking forward to a few all-nighters when I get the hang of this

i like getting up between 2 & 4 am & getting it all going while the 'yotes are still howling & getting on like hunting or fishing prep style & by the time the "early risers" are wondering why the coffee maker has already taken the morning nap i'm on the chef's 1st spritz....serve the late afternoon dinner & claim the couch just to get called for bed time.....oh wait... is it thanksgiving already???
icon_redface.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky