Thai Marinated BBQ Roasted Pork Rib Singles!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Been on a Thai flavor kick and seeing al the post with rib singles, I just had to give the singles a spin…..

Started of with some SL rib singles…..
F1DB3381-D26C-42AC-9C63-53AD8754BEDD.jpeg

Dropped them in a Thai sauce for soak….
6BD11902-0F7C-4E5D-B83D-26BA5FE68059.jpeg

The Sauce:
4 crushed garlic cloves
Tsp coriander
2 Tbsp hosin, soy, sugar in the raw
1 Tbsp black pepper

After an overnight bath, they went on the top rack of the Weber (same way I do wings) at a 390 degree roasting temp….
DE6F48EB-C419-4017-BE43-16AD7293FC45.jpeg

Mid roast turn…..about 18 min in…..
07116F8F-26BF-48EC-A7CD-685969389F8D.jpeg

Once they got a nice color and surface I moved them over and dropped the temp to 300 and let the INT hit 198…….
1EF2F3DF-5A09-4E13-8F84-3B65A7ACDF35.jpeg

Can’t forget the sides……grilled fresh baby pineapple and grilling onions….
B6F94B1D-9A7D-4B0E-B77C-1912DFC4AF37.jpeg

Bingo all ready to serve……..
21566757-FFD8-4F91-AB4F-588E1DA46D23.jpeg

The plate also outfitted with some sweet rice (aka sticky rice), and a Thai peanut sauce slaw.
6EB7BD5B-6F70-4403-9235-E383216ED5B6.jpeg

Oh can’t forget the dipping sauce for the singles and rice……this stuff is GOOD!
1 lime (juice)
1 Tbsp fish sauce, sugar
1/2 Tbsp coarse ground chili flakes
1/2 Tbsp toasted rice powder (sweet rice pan toasted paper bag color then spice ground)
2 Tbsp soy & chopped green onions……
(Adjust the above for taste)

Man oh man, I don’t think I ever want to smoke spares wholes again……
D71D02CE-711B-483A-B16D-4DB88005EE1E.jpeg

You are definitely in my cooking alley with this one. This is the food I live for. It could not have been done any better.

Looks and sounds fantastic Civil. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

I cant get over the color on those! Great stuff right there!

Tasty looking ribs. I'll have to give the single ribs a try. I read this post yesterday but didn't comment on it as I planned on returning to read over it again. It seems to have disappeared off the main page. I had to use the search function to find it again.

Great cook civil! I love doing singles and about the only way do them anymore. I a huge fan of thai flavors. I need more info on that slaw? You got me thing of trying my Korean marinade next time on singles.

You are definitely in my cooking alley with this one. This is the food I live for. It could not have been done any better.
thanks 90! I thought might catch your attention, the flavors are just soooooo goooood!
This looks amazing!
Thanks kilo!
Looks and sounds fantastic Civil. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris
Many thanks Chris, I was feeling left out of the singles cooks so had to solve that
I cant get over the color on those! Great stuff right there!
Thanks Buckey! The marinade adds lots of color, especially when roasted!

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Tasty looking ribs. I'll have to give the single ribs a try. I read this post yesterday but didn't comment on it as I planned on returning to read over it again. It seems to have disappeared off the main page. I had to use the search function to find it again.
Thanks whipple! I just became a HUGE fan of singles! We will be doing them lots more for sure!
Great cook civil! I love doing singles and about the only way do them anymore. I a huge fan of thai flavors. I need more info on that slaw? You got me thing of trying my Korean marinade next time on singles.
Thanks Brian! I slaw is standard cabbage dressed with a Thai peanut dressing my wife makes. I will try to grab her recipe for you in the next couple of days. I was looking for a flavor packed rib without rich BBQ sauce and this fit the bill!
Saving this to make very soon!!!yum!!!
Its a tasty treat WV!
Great looking plate! Hit all my flavor buttons.

Jim
Many thanks Jim! It was a full box of flavor buttons for me!

Great Gawd Civil!! That is one supreme looking plate. Prefect little char on the ribs. Add to that the grilled onions and pineapple, that's an out of the park grand slam home run buddy!! Beautiful job.

Robert

I know you all like salads like I do. Was wondering if you have had that Baby Blue Salad like I made couple weeks ago? I think you would love it. The recipes are pretty much the same.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky