Tennessee Gathering April 30-May 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Morning SMF the Tennessee Gathering is getting close and we are getting excited! We have been narrowing down some details..........Steak supper Friday night, courtesy of tx smoker tx smoker . ...... breakfast Saturday morning followed by an all day smoke fest.

Several of you have committed and reserved hotel rooms. I think our count is around 11 confirmed.

For those who haven't seen the reminders the gathering will be at my home in Middle Tennessee and is being hosted by me and JLeonard JLeonard . There are 3 hotels within 20min. Close grocery stores. I have smokers for everyone's use but feel free to bring your own!

If anyone else is planning to attend or is on the fence please let us know so we can finish up the planning

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me or JLeonard JLeonard

We are looking forward to meeting new friends and having a great time!
IMG_20201213_070256.jpg

Last edited:
We'd be more than honored if you decide to make the trip up. There's still rooms where Robert and Jim are staying!

I‘m getting fired up. Ready to actually meet some of the fine folks that I have learned from here on SMF.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I'm looking forward to it Jake. I'm trying to figure out how to fit my RecTec, and the cornbread head in the Cooper. It might be time for some Redneck engineering.

link to the other thread for anyone that needs hotel info and etc.

I'm still in the not sure category. Very difficult getting lined up for vaccine here. Wife and I going online at all different times and no luck. Even scheduling 2 weeks out. My business is starting to heat up, and that's a good thing. So I still have to see what's going to add to calendar for that weekend. I'd love to come and meet everyone, so still hoping . I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm still in the not sure category. Very difficult getting lined up for vaccine here. Wife and I going online at all different times and no luck. Even scheduling 2 weeks out. My business is starting to heat up, and that's a good thing. So I still have to see what's going to add to calendar for that weekend. I'd love to come and meet everyone, so still hoping . I'll keep you posted.
200 (2).gif

Steak supper Friday night, courtesy of tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker . ...... breakfast Saturday morning followed by an all day smoke fest.

Yes sir!! I'm getting pretty amped up for this one. Being that I'm not likely to be doing any cooking my contribution to the event will be the steaks for Friday night's supper. I'll be packing those up ans sending them to Jake on Monday before the event. Not wanting to take a chance running out I'll try to keep an eye on this thread to see how many people will be there for supper and make sure to send enough. Yo Jake...I had a thought. Last week I got a nice shipment of tri tips. I think I'll throw a couple of those into the package along with the steaks. Those are very regional and some folks can't get them so it may be a nice treat for folks to enjoy who aren't able to find them where they live. Be prepared to prep and cook those also :emoji_wink: Heck, I may even throw a few packs of homemade bacon in the box also for Saturday breakfast and maybe to wrap those dates you mentioned making. We are still waiting to hear from John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) as to whether or not his wife is gonna give him a hall pass to attend. Still got fingers crossed that BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma and MJB05615 MJB05615 can make it too. Would love to meet all of you guys and am really looking forward to it.

Robert

Yes sir!! I'm getting pretty amped up for this one. Being that I'm not likely to be doing any cooking my contribution to the event will be the steaks for Friday night's supper. I'll be packing those up ans sending them to Jake on Monday before the event. Not wanting to take a chance running out I'll try to keep an eye on this thread to see how many people will be there for supper and make sure to send enough. Yo Jake...I had a thought. Last week I got a nice shipment of tri tips. I think I'll throw a couple of those into the package along with the steaks. Those are very regional and some folks can't get them so it may be a nice treat for folks to enjoy who aren't able to find them where they live. Be prepared to prep and cook those also :emoji_wink: Heck, I may even throw a few packs of homemade bacon in the box also for Saturday breakfast and maybe to wrap those dates you mentioned making. We are still waiting to hear from John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) as to whether or not his wife is gonna give him a hall pass to attend. Still got fingers crossed that BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma and MJB05615 MJB05615 can make it too. Would love to meet all of you guys and am really looking forward to it.

Robert
Sounds good Robert......I told you you're gonna do plenty of cooking lol.

Boy howdy that should be one great time! I'm getting measured for a little shoulder work right about then, just a little to far to make it there in the Lance this year, maybe next year. I'll be there is spirit, take lots of pics! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky