Temp at beginning of stall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rashley

Original poster
Just wondered whats the lowest temp you have seen a brisket stall at.  I had my alarm set for 160 with plans to foil at the beginning of the stall.  After watching the temp stall out at 149 for an hour and a half with the pit (at grate level) running 220, I just went ahead and foiled.  

Not a big deal but I have never had one stall that low before.

Randy

I have had quite a few stall in the mid 140's.  Most though stall at 155-160.

If you are worried that you wrapped to early, you can always unwrap (saving the juice) and finish for the last hour or so.  Then re-wrap in foil and blankets for the rest.

I have done that a few time and it has worked great.

Smoke ON!

Remember it will turn out best if you wrap in foil and a couple of beach towels, toss it in a cooler and let it relax for 1-2 hours.  It is amazing what a difference that will make.

Hope it turns out Great!

Smoke ON!

-Jason

Last one I did stalled at 36° for nearly a week. Then I took it out of the fridge and put it in the smoker and it started to climb. [emoji]128512[/emoji]

Boatbum, You need to use smaller splits in your fridge and keep all of the dampers open for better air flow. Is your wood fully seasoned?

Just trying to help, Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky