TD entry- Rustic Italian beef ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Wanted to do something different for this TD. Went with boneless beef short ribs.
IMG_1302.jpeg
Smoked low and slow with maple and a simple salt and pepper.
IMG_1303.jpeg
Went with a rustic Italian tomato sauce.
IMG_1306.jpeg IMG_1305.jpeg
Sweated the onions with a little minced garlic.
Added the tomato and paste and let that simmer while the beef was smoking. Added a bit of sugar to offset the acid of the tomatoes.
Didn’t get any pics past that except for the finish pics.
IMG_1309.jpeg
Sauce and beef were plated with a bed of cheese tortellini and yeast rolls. Not pictured was a salad with Italian dressing.
Just want to thank those that voted for me. I had fun making this. Lesa and I had a great meal. And I’ve been told we are no longer buying jarred sauce!!!

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_1309.jpeg
    IMG_1309.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 23
Nice work Jim! Nice smoke ring….. yea we haven’t had jar sauce for more than 25 years in our house…..my wife has used those diced maters in her sauce many times, i would have enjoyed that very much!

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Wanted to do something different for this TD. Went with boneless beef short ribs.
View attachment 671659
Smoked low and slow with maple and a simple salt and pepper.
View attachment 671660
Went with a rustic Italian tomato sauce.
View attachment 671661View attachment 671662
Sweated the onions with a little minced garlic.
Added the tomato and paste and let that simmer while the beef was smoking. Added a bit of sugar to offset the acid of the tomatoes.
Didn’t get any pics past that except for the finish pics.
View attachment 671663
Sauce and beef were plated with a bed of cheese tortellini and yeast rolls. Not pictured was a salad with Italian dressing.
Just want to thank those that voted for me. I had fun making this. Lesa and I had a great meal. And I’ve been told we are no longer buying jarred sauce!!!

Jim
Those are some great looking Short ribs!! Nice smoke ring! Looks like a super tasty meal!

Good job and nice TD entry. The color on your ribs looks really good. I am a sucker for red sauce on pasta.

Fred

Great looking meal Jim! Ribs and pasta with that sauce are calling my name for sure!

Ryan

Beautiful job Jim and hats off for the creativity. I would have never thought to pair ribs with pasta and sauce but you nailed it. That looks like the perfect combination right there. Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Some good looking ribs Jim. I bet those were tasty.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky