Super Sunday Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bredbaker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
Vancouver, WA

So I am using a rib rack for the first time.  My small charcoal grill, which I use as a smoker makes this as good as I can work it until I can get a bigger smoker.  Any suggestions?  This photo was about an hour into the smoke as I was adding more Apple Wood.

Later I will wrap them and move them to the propane grill and start some potatoes in here and then later some chicken drumsticks.  All before game time if I am half way lucky.

Hey Bredbaker,

Looks good! Keep that temperature low on those ribs. I usually do around 200 for as long as I can and the meat will just fall off the bone.

Not sure how much you have looked into new smokers, but I use an electric Masterbuilt. I'm definitely not a pro when it comes to smoking, but being able to set the temperate electronically is pretty awesome. The whole thing is easy to use.

I have a 13 pound turkey in right now. Been smoking it for about 3 hours so far with some alder. So far so good. No real interest in either team winning this year....but still a good excuse to bring out the smoker.

Good luck!

-Mac

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky