Substitute for apple cider in sauce recipe ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I stopped using paprika as a forward spice ingredient in any of my rubs or seasonings long ago.
Flavor is ok but I don't want it just for the coloring.
Thinking back, I never had it the coloring penetrate that deeply.
The only difference is that I use almost no salt in my seasonings. Salt carries other spices into the meat.

I stopped using paprika as a forward spice ingredient in any of my rubs or seasonings long ago.
Flavor is ok but I don't want it just for the coloring.
Thinking back, I never had it the coloring penetrate that deeply.
The only difference is that I use almost no salt in my seasonings. Salt carries other spices into the meat.

It wasn't that deep when they came right off the smoker. It was after vac sealing. I wish I'd gotten a pic of the ribs.

Some people use vac sealing for marinading. Foodsaver says its speeds the process up greatly.

Then combine that with the grinding of the rub into a fine powder. I questioned that when we were doing it. It was a lot of trouble. But right off the smoker those were really good ribs. My first one I had at the cutting board, got my attention.

But I think I'll stick with course rubs. Which btw, Kosmos is bringing a course double pepper Cow Cover out tomorrow. I was swearing off commercial rubs, but this one gets my interest.

Kosmos got me again. I'm trying to get away from commerical rubs. But I had to try this Double Pepper Cow Cover. And of course ( no pun intended ), can't get out of his store with just one item.

kosmos 1 Nov 23.jpg

Reactions: BigW.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky