Stripers??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
At least I'm not the only person that keeps reading that thread title as "Strippers", lol.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Duhhh,
That went right over my head the first time.
icon_redface.gif
I related it to a fish making your fishing pole dance.
If my son caught a stripper, I don't think he'd bring me any of it!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Bearcarver

Nice looking fish. I grew up on the Potomac river and ate them regularly. I have never had them smoked. I am not sure I could wait long enough for that type of prep. Usually grill and eat. But now you got me thinking. Hey.. could grill some while I wait for another to smoke. ummm...

OK Gang,
The Poor Man's Lobster won out!
Son gave me 3 nice fillets. I cut all of the red flesh out, and cut all of the rest into about 1" X 1" chunks. Had a little test this afternoon----Great!
Had a mess of it for Dinner with roasted potatoes. There's still enough for tomorrow too. Might throw some in the pan, after I take my eggs out in morning.

Boiled Ginger Ale & Old Bay-----Dropped the chunks in----took a few minutes----Done!

Thanks All,
Bearcarver.

Great thread Bear! And what catches your son had there! Impressive - as are all of his, as he's had some amazing fish!!!

In any event, glad to see this fun thread! So Very fun!!! Cheers!!! - Leah

Great thread Bear! And what catches your son had there! Impressive - as are all of his, as he's had some amazing fish!!!

In any event, glad to see this fun thread! So Very fun!!! Cheers!!! - Leah
Thank You Leah!!

I didn't make anything fancy out of these, like you're so Great at, but I can remember it made a lot of Awesome Poor Man's Lobster!!

And Thanks for the Kind Words!

Bear

Bear,

Those are great fish.

Richard
Thanks Richard!!

My Son hasn't been out again, since Sandy all but destroyed his Trophy Pro & parked her in a wooded area about 2 miles from her stall.

Bear

i hate to hear that about your sons boat i hope he had insurance on it!
Yes---He had good insurance on it.

He got $39,000 from them, which covered all the costs for what he wanted to fix, and kept him from losing a lot when he sold it.

I finally convinced him that he could pay for a lot of Charters for much less $$$ than it costs to own & use your own boat, especially when you live 2 hours from the water.

Bear

Yes---He had good insurance on it.

He got $39,000 from them, which covered all the costs for what he wanted to fix, and kept him from losing a lot when he sold it.

I finally convinced him that he could pay for a lot of Charters for much less $$$ than it costs to own & use your own boat, especially when you live 2 hours from the water.

Bear
cant argue with that logic... at least he didnt loose his ass on that deal

cant argue with that logic... at least he didnt loose his ass on that deal
Yup!!!

Lately when he has time, they've been either going Fresh water fishing with his Bass-Boat, or one of their little Bass things with the seats & the built in trolling motor, but They haven't brought anything to the Old Man for awhile!!! 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Bear

I was going to say you guys have got to ask Leah. She's the guru when it comes to Stripers. Great fish! My best this year was 38inches from the surf but it's been a reeeeeallllllyyyy slow year again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky