Stoked and ready to go!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would say a chicken or two, then a big bird later in the week.
biggrin.gif

Without a doubt I'd have to recommend either whole chickens or leg-quarters...very nice with any flavor you want to rub or slather on them and they turn ou tnice and crispy as long as you bump up the heat and barbecue at 300-325F. Any less and you get rubbery skin and that's not good.

They'll run you anywhere from 2 to 4 hours cooking time-leq-quarters/whole birds.

If you want to spend more time, try a small pork butt, 2 to 3 lbs and barbecue that baby at 250 or so (don't worry if your temps spike). It won't take all day and at 170 you can slice it or at 200 you can pull it. You can rub it with whatever rubs you like and it will come out good. Go easy on the rubs with sugar in them, the sugars will char quickly and make your meat turn black and have a burnt taste. Save the sugar sauces and rubs till the end.

Good luck to you. Sounds like you are ready to go, so have at it! You've had plenty of advice and opinion, let's see what comes up~ hang in there it will all be okay!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky