Stacking meats in a vertical smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kelbro

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 22, 2009
N. Carolina
If you had to stack a brisket and a pork butt in a vertical, which would go on top and why?

Thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
The smallest minimum dimension is the brisket hence it will cook faster. Since verticals when low and slow are hotter at the top the butt goes there.
I like SmokinEdge's flavor argument. Nice it agrees with the science

I always rotate from top to bottom, and back to front once or twice if it is a wood burner no matter if it is all pork.
A good question though when mixing pork and beef. I ran ribs and a chuck roast a few weeks back but never really thought about what was on top.

Reactions: kelbro
Thanks for the guidance. I may be able to situate them to mostly avoid drips and rotate them because I want a good bark on both slabs of meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky