Spares who cares - We do

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
those look great! same boat here...soon as the so called beef shortage was announcement I stocked up on BB from Costco.

Side bar - read an article that during the so called "meat shortage" meat exports went up 4X from previous years.

Thanks Sandy for the like and compliment. I hadn't heard of the rise in exporting. Thats interesting.

Beautiful piece of work Chris, those ribs look great, Like! I tried wrapping once awhile back, never again, turned out FOTB and kind of mushy, wouldn't even post them. RAY

Appreciate the like and compliment Ray. I'm still going to wrap ribs, but I will now mix it up between the two. FOTB(not mushy) is still number one here.

Chris

[QUOTE="gmc2003, post: 2100236, member: 59712

After a few hours she's starting to show her hillbilly teeth(look fimilar yankee2bbq yankee2bbq ) I can almost hear that banjo :emoji_sunglasses:
[/QUOTE]
LOL! That’s some picken’ and grin in’ right there!
Looks good! Great job!
I gots to get back to my banjo....

Nice lookin' rack there Chris!

LIKE!

John

I bet you say that to all the guys John :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:. Thank you very much and for the like.

oh yeah Chris those ribs look great. beef prices around here are starting to drop quite a bit. hang in there. but with the way those ribs look you may never eat beef again.

Appreciate that Jim. It seems the North East is always a week to a year behind the rest of the country.

Chris

Those are some very fine looking ribs!

Thank you Gator, appreciate the like and compliment.

Those looke awesome Chris ! We have been doing a lot of pork and chicken too! Beef is crazy right now! Nice cook on the 26!

Appreciate the comment Travis and the like. I can't believe the prices around here. Even the locals are getting top dollar.

Chris

Very nice. I think I know what I am doing this Sunday.

JC :emoji_cat:
JC judging by your past smokes I'm a betting yours will turn out better then mine. Enjoy them and thanks for the like appreciate it.

Ribs look great. Been doing alot of chicken, pork ,and seafood here too. Beef way high here as well. Makes me glad I hunt. Still got venison in the freezer.

I fully understand chew about the hunting, unfortunately I've never hunted and the hunters on my wifes side are either to old or have passed away. So there isn't that luxury anymore. Thanks for the kind words.

Chris

Reactions: JC in GB
Chris those ribs look awesome! Nice job!!

I can’t unsee the hillbilly teeth now that you mentioned it lol. Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan really helped drive that image home.

Thank ya kindly xray for the like and compliment. Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan has a way of finding the perfect meme for the occasion.

Chris, you're killing me with those bones! Wow. They look incredible. I had my menu all set up through the weekend, but just switched the weekend to spares I've got in the freezer.

Appreciate the like and kind words Ray. Pork and chicken is just about all we have in the freezer currently. When you do up those ribs make sure to post them up. I need another drooling session.

Chris

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Dang good looking ribs! Bet the guy with the hillbilly teeth likes his ribs fotb :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Appreciate it Ryan. I used to work with a guy that came from the real back woods of VT. He was the type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back to help you out, but he had his priorities in life. He had a room full of guns for hunting, bought a new snowmobile every year, but didn't have running water in the winter. He worked harder and longer hours then anyone else I knew or currently know. He only had a couple of teeth, but that never stopped him from enjoying a good steak.

They look awesome. I too am on the whole spares (no trim) and no wrap. It's just too easy and I love the whole ribs. It's all about good eats! Nice rack of ribs Chris

Thank you very much Randy, I really appreciate the compliment and like. I really like the small bone and flap meat to. Kind of like a treat for the cook.

Chris

Chris

Appreciate the like and kind words Ray. Pork and chicken is just about all we have in the freezer currently. When you do up those ribs make sure to post them up. I need another drooling session.

Chris

Will do, Chris! Just got back from the store and picked up a couple racks of untrimmed spares. Left the ones in the freezer for next time.

Going to try a homemade KC glaze for the first time from Chef John on YouTube.

Reactions: gmc2003
Nice looking ribs bud

Appreciate it Jake, thanks

Ribs look great! So what about Stump's rub? Never tried it. Is it more of a spicy or sweet etc?

Thanks Brett, It's more spicy, but not a hot spicy. At least I don't taste allot of heat and neither does my wife - who gets the forehead sweats from eating BBQ potato chips.

Chris

Excellent rack Chris. Meat prices have been ridiculous around here.

Thanks winterrider for the like and compliment. I swear they up the prices daily here.

Will do, Chris! Just got back from the store and picked up a couple racks of untrimmed spares. Left the ones in the freezer for next time.

Going to try a homemade KC glaze for the first time from Chef John on YouTube.

Looking forward to it.

Chris

[QUOTE="gmc2003, post: 2100236, member: 59712

After a few hours she's starting to show her hillbilly teeth(look fimilar yankee2bbq yankee2bbq ) I can almost hear that banjo :emoji_sunglasses:
LOL! That’s some picken’ and grin in’ right there!
Looks good! Great job!
I gots to get back to my banjo....
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Justin for the like and laugh. Looking forward to your youtube video.

Chris

Mmmmm Looks good from where I'm sitting

Gary

Appreciate it Jake, thanks

Thanks Brett, It's more spicy, but not a hot spicy. At least I don't taste allot of heat and neither does my wife - who gets the forehead sweats from eating BBQ potato chips.

Chris

Thanks for the info. Haven't seen it around here to try but I will keep an eye out and maybe order some online if I can't find it.

Mmmmm Looks good from where I'm sitting

Gary

Thank you very much Gary, they came out a whole lot better then expected. Also thanks for the like.

Thanks for the info. Haven't seen it around here to try but I will keep an eye out and maybe order some online if I can't find it.

No problem. I'm a cigarette smoker so my taste buds are off a little. Let me know how far off if you do get to use some Stubbs.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky