Sometimes you just can’t beat charcoal.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great,spend the xtra $ and get a Weber performer with gas assist light

Thanks Mike, yeah those performers look nice! I would definitely look for a used one at a reasonable price.

I always thought about building a table if I got a kettle. I’m sure the gas assist is a plus.

You've made a pretty strong argument for a kettle with that cook alone.

Point for sure
Chris

Great job! Love the idea of the chimichurri! I also love using Kraft zesty Italian dressing as a marinade.

Thank you. Italian dressing does make a good marinade for chicken.

You've made a pretty strong argument for a kettle with that cook alone.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris. We’re getting there, baby steps. I have some feelers out on Craigslist.

Looks Great Xray!!
That's the exact place I sometimes put my Little "Smokey Joe"!!!
Like.

Bear

The Pennsylvania members should try marinading chicken in Gazebo Room Greek salad dressing. Not sure if it's found in other states, but you may be able to order it from Amazon or Walmart's web site. Pour about half of the oil off though, as it flames up.

That looks great, Going to try that chimichurri recipe as well, thx for posting that. Big like for me, Congrats on the carousel ride.

That looks great, Going to try that chimichurri recipe as well, thx for posting that. Big like for me, Congrats on the carousel ride.

Thanks for the like AB, I appreciate it. Chimichurri is good on grilled beef, pork and shrimp as well.

You could sub fresh oregano instead of the dried. I usually use dried because fresh is harder to find. Now that it is summer it is more readily available and I also grew my own.

Substitute 1/4 cup of fresh oregano. Start there, if it’s too potent you could cut it back.

Reactions: ab canuck
When a friend showed me grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing, I was amazed. Anyone who hasn't tried it should check it out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky