Some more of Deb's CrispX mix and Meat loaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 18, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
Ate all the CrispX mix I smoked a while back so its time for more. While the smoker was going I tossed on a Fatty and a Meat loaf. Everything came out real good. Figured I would share..

Meat

Seaham , everything looks great , meatloaf is one of my fav's in the smoker and I gotta try it next wrapped in bacon as you have shown ,,,drool slurp wipe ,,,nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks great Seaham! I love those fiesta cheese its in crisp-x mix. Hard to find though I think everyone else loves them too.

I haven't made meatloaf in awhile sounds like a plan as soon as these winds and rain die down. Maybe tomorrow - sounds like a freight train outside! I sure hope the guys up north get as lucky as we are. I heard the cape was gonna get hammered. Let's hope not!

It all looks awesome. I haven't tried the chex mix yet but is on my list of things to do. The stuff would make great holiday snack gifts.

Only two pans of crispix mix? That aint gonna last long!
Great lookin loaf. Gonna hafta try the bacon thing soon.

Deb the Fiesta chips are Great!! I never had them before and I had to open the box before the smoke to try them... Mistake.. ate almost half the box
icon_eek.gif

Smoke Freak I use the thick slice bacon for my smokes.. It lasts longer then the regular cut.

First box of those I bought became my supper! They are a very tasty cracker. Wal Mart sells them here but they're always out - when I see them I grab all there is!

Is there a recipe for the smoked mix? I've always called it Chex mix, I guess it's about the same.

Deb, the Cape did get hammered. Our friend up there had roof tiles off, big tree branches down and no elec.

She was on our local forum and we were giving hurricane prep advice to somebody in Mass! How ironic

i found it never mind!!!

KW -

I make a smoked chex mix that's hot and spicey and use crisp-x cerial instead of chex because they have corn and wheat on on square so you only need to buy one box. http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Downl...hrisp-XMix.pdf

I saw the news the cape did get hit fair good. Better than expected but bad no the less. Very little damage here thankfully just downed trees and lost power mostly.

They get hit at least every few years - they should have it down by now. I keep a footlocker full of emergency supplies, batteryless radios and lights, candles, bottled water MREs, sterno etc. just in case.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky