So I'm Down In The Basement

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Down there we have a drain, plugs all over hot/cold water, 220v and Im doing some measuring to put in a SS sink and SS table. My wife comes down says are you going to have room? For what I say. She said I just bought you a 22 cu ft standing freezer.......Whaaaaa. I heard Jamie telling you he has some venison for you.

Yes on that wall opposite from where im going to put stuff.

I better get busy :emoji_sunglasses:

Down there we have a drain, plugs all over hot/cold water, 220v and Im doing some measuring to put in a SS sink and SS table. My wife comes down says are you going to have room? For what I say. She said I just bought you a 22 cu ft standing freezer.......Whaaaaa. I heard Jamie telling you he has some venison for you.

Yes on that wall opposite from where im going to put stuff.

I better get busy :emoji_sunglasses:
Nice!!! Wish I had more freezer space, good score :D

Nice! I have an 18 cu ft upright in the garage and it holds quite a bit. 22 should keep you more than well stocked. I'm jealous of the basement... haven't lived in a house with one since I was a kid.

Oh yeah easy to get to the basement for delivery and setup.
IMG_6205.JPG

We do have stairs from the house to the basement.

Basement doors in garage.
IMG_6206.JPG

The people who owned the house way back he was a wood worker and mechanic. The whole garage and basement are wired, 110 and 220. Since we have been here we have not had any water down here, so im going to seal and paint the walls. (but never say never) My SIL had all new AC/Heat pump put in with new ducting, weird how they just suspended the ducts.

Going in between the ac duct and cabinet. I might take the cabinets down.
The stairs to the house are to the left of this pic. There are 3 other rooms down here, looks like may have been food storage.
IMG_6207.JPG

Opposite wall, like how they painted around the cabinet they had there.
IMG_6208.JPG

Kilz makes a good block sealer / paint all in one . Advertised at low odor , but they all smell in my opinion .
Match the roller cover to the product and work surface .
I always state the obvious for this stuff , just in case .
Great potential down there .
2 things that really helped my shop area .
Dedicated power in multiple locations , and a roll around work table .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky