So I got this fancy little chuck roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wanna-be-smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
VT
and thought HMMMM what can i do thats different than the norm for me. So I decided to do a soup or stew or something and finish in the crock pot. I Dont usually inject and knew i wanted to but had no beef broth. So i watered down some brown mushroom gravy and injected with that.

i normally dont cook in a pan but knew i wanted the juices for the crock pot. I put it on the smoker last night and let it go through this morning and it as in the smoker for 7 hours. This morning I cut up some onions and potatoes and had a package of rainbow baby carrots the wife found at the store. There was no celery because the wife dont like it lol.

I brought the chuck in from the smoker and put that and the juices in the crock pot with the veggies and added enough water to cover everything up. I kept checking the temp on the chuck and when it hit 190 i took it out pulled it and returned it to the pot. then let it go until the veggies were done.

I put unboiled in the shell eggs in the smoker on high smoke (220 average in my pellet cooker)and let them go for 2 hours. I took them out got them cooled a bit and peeled them and set aside. I tried one with two different rubs i have here and the one with a little zip to it paired perfect with the sweetness from the mayo and tangy from the mustard.

Made mac salad and cut up some fruit and bingo we have dinner lol

cr1.jpg cr2.jpg cr3.jpg cr4.jpg cr5.jpg crr1.jpg cr6.jpg cr7.jpg cr9.jpg cr10.jpg cr8.jpg egg1.jpg egg2.jpg egg3.jpg egg4.jpg egg5.jpg egg6.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky