Smoking in Macon MO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

haeffb

Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Macon MO
Hello everyone.

My name is Brian and I'm a smoking addict!. Currently waiting on a batch of wings that are sitting in my MES. I also have a Weber Spirit gas grill for making stuff hotter.

I've been smoking for a couple of years now, mainly ribs, pork steaks and butts. I do like to take a good beef steak and let it smoke for a bit before finishing on the grill.

The MES has worked well for me, but I'm now thinking about getting into the charcoal game. Maybe a WSM or... ???

When I'm not smoking, I'm generally either working, playing basketball, hunting birds or sitting in the bass boat (not actually fishing - that would be too much work!)

Looking forward to getting to know my fellow forum members!

Hello Brian and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad you joined in the fun

Please do us a favor and update your profile with your location 

Hi Brian! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You are speaking my language, wings and a reverse sear steak, 2 of my very favorites!

Dave, the wings were tasty. I left them in a little too long, so the texture was what I'd describe as a bit "powdery" but they were still dang good. This was my first try at wings, so still a bit to learn, but I think they're going to become a staple.

I also just pulled a pork tenderloin and some grilled peaches and sweet potatoes off the Weber. Now the wife says she's not feeling well and may not eat dinner. I may have to invite some neighbors over to help.

Now I just have to figure out how to post the pics...

That looks like something to try, Dave.

I just put some rub on mine and tossed 'em in the smoker, but the injection sounds like a great idea.

Welcome Brian.  I used to live in Macon.  Moved about a year ago.  Good town, but the weather is too hot for me.  Still have a house there though!

Bigfish

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky