Some vortex thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Kind of a short and sweet thread but so tasty! Wife had some thighs brining... not sure what she used as I've been gone in the field or busy loading hogs. So after three inches of rain I'm home and she left for work till Thursday. Cranked up the kettle with vortex... always a winner!

Seasoned them with Mrs Dash chicken grilling blend and Central BBQ that I got from JLeonard JLeonard

1000004702.jpg

Threw em on with a chunk of mulberry

1000004706.jpg

Coming along nicely

1000004708.jpg

Had a buddy call and kinda forgot about them... but was all good

1000004709.jpg

Just me so I ate directly off the platter... wad perfectly done and moist. To be honest, the best dang chicken I've done yet!

1000004710.jpg

So simple yet so satisfying!

Edit to add... asked my wife what she brined them in... I kinda had an idea but wanted to double check. It was Pop's brine with a little bit of lemon extract added. And kudos to Rich, chopsaw chopsaw for turning me onto it... man has it really improved our poultry!

Ryan

Last edited:
Kind of a short and sweet thread but so tasty! Wife had some thighs brining... not sure what she used as I've been gone in the field or busy loading hogs. So after three inches of rain I'm home and she left for work till Thursday. Cranked up the kettle with vortex... always a winner!

Seasoned them with Mrs Dash chicken grilling blend and Central BBQ that I got from JLeonard JLeonard

View attachment 697273

Threw em on with a chunk of mulberry

View attachment 697274

Coming along nicely

View attachment 697275

Had a buddy call and kinda forgot about them... but was all good

View attachment 697276

Just me so I ate directly off the platter... wad perfectly done and moist. To be honest, the best dang chicken I've done yet!

View attachment 697277

So simple yet so satisfying!

Ryan
good looking fowl there.

Mmm...pass a couple those this way Ryan! And thanks for reminding me that I haven't made any chicken parts with the vortex in a while! Time to dust off the vortex and get cracking!

Red
Thanks Red! Better get to it! Maybe that big smoker you have in your shop could smoke some chicken when you build the fire in CC ! :emoji_blush:

Vortex & thighs……they just work! Very nice!
Thank you! And yes they do!

Looks good!

LIKE!
Thanks Yank! Dang, you have one more kettle than me... that's just not right!

Damn those look good!! Yep would have ate a few of those!
Thank you!

Vortex, kettle and chicken can't go wrong with that combo Ryan. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! I appreciate it!

Ryan

Very nice , Wife got you with a great start and bases loaded , and you hit it with a home run.

That skin looks just how I like it . Crunchy goodness. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David
Thanks David! Skin was perfect! Even on the darker ones... hard to screw up when it's so easy.

Leave you home alone and you play with fire🤣
Those look perfect to me Ryan and less to clean up eating off the platter!

Keith
Thanks Keith! You would think she would know better lol!

Heck yeah Ryan! I been trying to tell a buddy he need to brine his chicken.
Thanks Brian! Brining makes a heck of a difference! Want to try pickle juice once at least... haven't tried that yet.

Looks great Ryan !
Thanks Rich!

Oh boy those look good!
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky