smoking chicken breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

new bee

Original poster
Jun 7, 2014
I am new at smoking.have a new smoker that is a 30 gallon barrel has charcoal at bottom grate at half way and meet hooks... I'm marinating chicken now any advice on time and such? Anything would help

Welcome to the board! Split breasts over maple in a Weber was my introduction to smoking.

Not knowing your rig or temps, I'd recommend going by how the pieces look, and make sure there are no red juices. However the meat might pick up a pink color from the smoke.

Good luck! Chicken is good to start with since it's cheap and simple.

Newbee , welcome to the Forum . IMHO , you need to have a good thermometer and calibrate it often , this will help you know when the meat is done. Chicken should be at 165*F in the middle of the thick part of the Breast.

Now cooking breast , you will find they tend to get a bit dry , my solution is Wrapping them in  'BACON' . keeps the meat moist and adds great flavor.

Have fun and . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky