Smoking And ...steam convection oven.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oreoallie

Original poster
Oct 17, 2018
First post here.... I searched “ steam convection” and came up trumps. So I’m new to smoking but we have a steam convection oven. Wondering if anyone else here has used and what results they’ve gotten....

So I have a grill....with a smoker box. I take my ribs and some them for 2-3 hours at 175-225. Then, we throw them in our steam convection over for 1 hour 40 mins.

the result is a nice pink smoke ring but also tender ribs that pull away from the bone.

My only question is....when to cut the ribs. Do you cut them prior to smoking OR. Prior to cooking in the oven? Or at the end of the final cooking(after the oven)? I’m inclined to go with after smoke but before oven.

Generally speaking, when do you cut your ribs? (I’m talking into 1-2 rib widths?)

No matter what way I’ve ever cooked ribs I’ve never cut them until I was ready to serve them. There’s no reason that I know of to cut them while still cooking them.

Scott

When I do my ribs, I cut them into individual ribs as I take them off the grill.
Then the individual ribs get stacked into a roaster pan and any sauce left gets painted on the bare meat.
After that it's RIB FEST! :D

But mine are done at that point. No extra cooking needed.

Are you talking Beef or Pork ribs? I'm talking baby back ribs.

I'm with Scott, I don't cut any type of rib until it's ready to be served.

Chris

Same here, I usually rest them about 10-15 minutes, then cut them up.
And were ready to eat.
Al

I guess I was asking because when they are done cooking, they can come clean off the bone.

SO maybe that 15 min rest is a good call. Thanks guys!

Pork ribs. Haven’t attempted beef ribs yet.

Steam convection though, its impressive.

I guess I was asking because when they are done cooking, they can come clean off the bone.

SO maybe that 15 min rest is a good call. Thanks guys!

Pork ribs. Haven’t attempted beef ribs yet.

Steam convection though, its impressive.

I personally do not care for the grease of Beef Ribs.
So I have settled on Baby Backs as my Coup De Rib.
I've been warned not to mess with the ribs. :confused::(

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky