Smoked/sous vide brisket point

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 11, 2013
Well I thought I had a brisket flat from the farm in my freezer. I had the wife pull it out to defrost Thursday morning and when I went to grab it Saturday morning around 9am it turned out to be a point....

Plan with the flat I thought I had was to smoke for a few hours then sous vide. I was really wanting that flat but this is what I had so why change the plans...

Seasoned and on the smoker around 1030am.

The Wonder Dog found an interesting place to watch me at the smoker. She's never far behind me.

After 3 1/2 hours this small point was up to 140 degrees. I vacusealed it and dropped it into the hot tub at 155 degrees for a 24 hour soak.

Smoked, then sealed in bag ready for sous vide.

Had to run some plastic, and drip tape at the farm Sunday so my original 24 hour sous vide time turned into about 28 hours. No big deal.

Driving the deer to the field to run the drip tape.

Fresh out of the sous vide and starting to slice.

The brisket was super moist and flavorful out of the bag. But since it was a point I'm turning it into burnt ends. So cubed up, reseasoned, sauced, and back into the smoker.

Back into the smoker you go!

Finished product.

Now if I had known originally this was a point I probably wouldn't have used the sous vide. But things happen. Not sure I learned anything doing this but who cares. The burnt ends were great.

Reactions: SmokinAl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky