Smoked pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

1022addict

Original poster
Nov 16, 2016
Kansas
First attempt at a bacon weave. Home made rub

Smoked it in my Green Mountain Daniel Boone with Lumberjack Apple pellets. 3 hours at 225 then 3 more at 325. Sprayed it every 90 minutes with apple juice. Pulled it with internal temp of 167. Wrapped in foil and beach towel for 1 hour to rest

Used 9lbs of pellets. Air temp was 55 with windy conditions.

Finished product.

Tasted pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: crazymoon
Yum!  Looks awesome - have a loin in the fridge now and might have to try the bacon weave as well.

One quick question - I thought pork was okay and juicy at 145* IT.  Want to make sure I don't screw it up!!  Thanks,

Doug

That weave looks absolutely delicious! I agree with Gary. But I usually go a little lower. I will pull anywhere from 138-140 and let it rest for at least an hour, wrapped tight in doubled up foil in a few towels inside the Yeti. Always amazing. I do use two probes just to make sure it even and the lowest temp is not lower than 138.

-Jase

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky