Herb-n-Garlic Smoked Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Herb-n-Garlic Smoked Pork Loin

Going to a Rose Bowl and Polar Bear Plunge party at our neighbors

Wet brine for 14 hours.
1000001818.jpg

Make four 1 inch deep cuts.
Rub with love, a Herb mix with a ton of minced garlic.
Truss it up tightly to form flavor pockets.
1000001821.jpg
1000001824.jpg

On to the smoker, 2 hours at 220° heavy smoke.
Finish at 450° to get a nice seared finish.
1000001826.jpg
1000001829.jpg
1000001833.jpg

Gonna hold wrapped in foil and a towel till chow time.
Neighbor has Grilled Wings and lots more
Looking forward to see what his other friends bring.

Looks great Chile. They are going to have to charge a cover at the door just to get in! Enjoy.
Thank you sir!
I got a great compliment from one guy's daughter and wife, daughter came out and adamantly and repeatedly told me how good the loin was, then Mom came out and told me that her husband is a maestro on the BBQ and that her daughter is a Daddy's Girl and almost never compliments other's BBQ.
Got a few more too, so I must've done something right on this one.

Reactions: mr mac
Thank you sir!
I got a great compliment from one guy's daughter and wife, daughter came out and adamantly and repeatedly told me how good the loin was, then Mom came out and told me that her husband is a maestro on the BBQ and that her daughter is a Daddy's Girl and almost never compliments other's BBQ.
Got a few more to, so I must've done something right on this one.
Shut the front door and lock the back.

• Haha
Reactions: chilerelleno
I did do the seasoning differently on this loin.
Instead of rubbing garlic on and then sprinkling pork rub as normal.
I used a wet rub, which consisted of my chicken rub 1/2c, added more dried thyme, rosemary and dried minced onion. Then I dumped a 1/8c of fresh minced garlic into it, mixed it up and proceeded to apply it generously and rub it around and into those cuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinEdge
Shut the front door and lock the back.
Not my house, but it wouldn't have done any good anyways.
They had people through the front door, driveway, backdoor and walking up from the creek.

It was a great party, really good food and fun, the Rose Bowl is still going and damned exciting right now.

The Polar Bear Plunge was exhilarating.
The water was 38°, WOOHOOOOO!
My junk shrunk up so much I probably looked like a well hung Chipmunk.
:emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing:

Not my house, but it wouldn't have done any good anyways.
They had people through the front door, driveway, backdoor and walking up from the creek.

It was a great party, really good food and fun, the Rose Bowl is still going and damned exciting right now.

The Polar Bear Plunge was exhilarating.
The water was 38°, WOOHOOOOO!
My junk shrunk up so much I probably looked like a well hung Chipmunk.
:emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing:
Well, I’m sure that your offering was best in class. So what all else was brought?

Well, I’m sure that your offering was best in class. So what all else was brought?
Well if Pork was the class, then sure thing.
But Josh made some really good wings on his BGE and offered a couple of sauces... Damned tasty wings too.
So Josh and I had the mainstays of the smorgasbord covered.

Other folks brought, lots of beans, beans-n-ham, bean soups and a pretty good squash soup.
A nice mess of Collard greens.
Pigs In Blankets, Spinach/Artichoke dip, Buffalo Chicken dip, Mexican Five Layer dip, Bacon Pepper dip (absolutely killer stuff!), extensive veggie trays, chips and crackers galore.

There was beer, wine and sodas in abundance.
And after each round of Polar plunges there was some good hot chocolate served up.

Last edited:
Now that sounds like a great get together. Your pork looked very nice, I am sure if you
sliced it length ways it would be perfect in a foot long crusty sub bun, just saying ( next time lol )

The whole spread sounds great, and no one left starving.

Funny I always say I'm hung like a squirrel, yes I'm bragging 😢

David

...then Mom came out and told me that her husband is a maestro on the BBQ and that her daughter is a Daddy's Girl and almost never compliments other's BBQ.
No higher praise than that! Me, I'm pretty good with the Q, and, like so many here, when we indulge in another's offering, we compare it to our own, and, sometimes we give props where props are due.

Well done, Sir. Well done 👏

Now that sounds like a great get together. Your pork looked very nice, I am sure if you
sliced it length ways it would be perfect in a foot long crusty sub bun, just saying ( next time lol )

The whole spread sounds great, and no one left starving.

Funny I always say I'm hung like a squirrel, yes I'm bragging 😢

David
It was a nice party with good people.

Big'ol Pork sammies sound good, I'm gonna try that.

David, you know us guys appreciated the effects of icy cold water on the women folk.
But they got the short end of the stick! :emoji_joy:

David, you know us guys appreciated the effects of icy cold water on the women folk.
But they got the short end of the stick! :emoji_joy:

I hear ya on that John , and I'm all for Mona pointing things out to me when she is cold.

We better be careful or we will be sent to the " Joke forum " section with Ray sawhorseray sawhorseray . LOL

David

No higher praise than that! Me, I'm pretty good with the Q, and, like so many here, when we indulge in another's offering, we compare it to our own, and, sometimes we give props where props are due.

Well done, Sir. Well done 👏
Yes'sir, give credit where credit is due.
Especially when we're talking good Q.

Josh works his BGE like violin virtuoso on a Stradivarius.
Now there's high praise.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky