Smoked Pepper Crusted Beef Tenderloin: Best Meal Ever!! (Long & Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This looks amazing! The meat looks perfect. Did I miss it, or did you not sear the meat?
Obviously you liked it, just not ever considered not searing. When I sear I always get at least a little gray ring, seemd you feel it was worth the trade?

1645193003668.png

That piece of meat was cooked absolutely perfectly. Perfect doneness. Just an all around top notch meal. We ever going to get this man on the spinner?

Over the fence, out of the park, and across the street! To say you nailed that cook would be a massive understatement Robert, best hunk of beef these eyes have ever seen, great piece of work! RAY

Perfection on the tenderloin Robert! Those mini mushroom casseroles look VERY interesting. Gonna have to give 'em a try.

Holy Cow Batman! Just beautiful! Well done. The steak is just perfect and everything else on point

Thank you Brian. I was pleased with the way it all came out.

Man Robert you nailed the temp on that tenderloin. Wall to wall pink. Perfectly done! I'm intrigued with these mini mushroom casseroles

Appreciate it Travis. The wall to wall pink comes from a low temp smoke. I learned that a long time ago from out good friend Bearcarver Bearcarver when I almost fell out of my chair when I saw one of his prime rib cooks.

Wow that looks awesome!!!

Thanks so much!!

Robert

Reactions: Bearcarver
Doing a Prime Rib this weekend myself - may have to consider that lovely looking pepper crust! That really looks perfectly cooked!!!

I am in awe. The best meals are always home-cooked. I'd pay $100 for that plate.

Thank you sir but if you were to show up for dinner you wouldn't pay a dime for it. Maybe bring a 6 pack of good beer, but no money :emoji_wink:

What's for dessert?

Dessert? Well that was another roll to soak up the juices from the meat.

Perfect cook Robert. Heck of a job bud

Thanks Jake. I was more than just a little happy with this one :emoji_wink:

That is off the top rope insane! Oh man, everything looks perfect! I’d make reservations 3 months out for that meal!!!!

Thanks so much Jed. I have you down for May 18th at table 1 sir. Your server will be Tracy, I will be the executive chef, and Bianca will clean the dishes after your meal is finished :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Yes sir Robert that looks amazing !
Perfectly cooked and a beautiful plate !
Table for 2 please

Thank you Keith. They are all communal tables here but we have a reservation for 2 so come on down!!

I love to cook and experiment too.

Since really embracing SMF and learning more than I ever thought I would, I've gotten to where I'm doing more and more creative stuff. It's fun.

What an awesome 5 star dinner! You really nailed the filet with literally zero overdone ring. I love filet and those are perfect.

Thanks so much my friend. That's a very high compliment after all the amazing looking meals you've put together the past several years.

Robert

That is a beautiful looking hunk of tenderloin!
And I bet it tastes as good as it looks!

Thank you. It did come out kinda pretty and the flavor was off the charts. Can't wait to do another one of these.

Outstanding looking meal Robert and yet another cut I haven't tried. Guess I'm going to have to break down and order some meat online haven't done that yet either

Thanks so much Jerry. I truly appreciate it. If you decide to place an online order please send me a PM before doing so. I have a bit of info I can share which will save you a considerable amount of money.

Wow, just wow!!! What everyone else said, plus some.

Thanks Colin. I guess that's pretty much all that needs to be said sir :emoji_wink:

Robert

Nice looking plate right there Robert, very cool with the onion mushroom burger

Thank you David. The mushroom and onion casseroles were a lot of fun and really good. I had no baseline to work from though so had to shoot from the hip. I bet you could do something really amazing with them.

That's just beautiful Robert! You just can't beat the color you got on that tenderloin! Fantastic looking meal for sure!

Very much appreciate it. Bear gets full credit for that color. I learned it from him.

That tenderloin is just perfection Robert. It's rare, pun intended, to see a cut of meat edge to edge pink such as this.

Thanks so much Steve. I've been working on that technique and finally starting to get it dialed in. Makes for some super tender meat, that's for sure.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That is one delicious dinner Robert, and the tenderloin looks beyond perfect. The edge to edge doneness is something to behold! I’d say you nailed it sir.

Thank you Joe. It did come out well but I watched over that thing like it was my first born child. i did not wanna mess this one up :emoji_wink:

I’m glad to see that you enjoyed the Christmas exchange package and got to try a few new things.

That's an understatement!! The only thing left are the soupies. I've managed to devour all of it.

Wow! That does look really good! Everything does!
Thanks for sharing!

Thank you sir and you're more than welcome. This one was a pleasure to share. I've not had many recently that came out this well.

This looks amazing! The meat looks perfect. Did I miss it, or did you not sear the meat?
Obviously you liked it, just not ever considered not searing. When I sear I always get at least a little gray ring, seemd you feel it was worth the trade?

It was not seared and honestly didn't need it. With the smoker at 235 for the first part of the cook it set the crust on the roast then I dropped the temp way back and let it cook very slowly.

Robert

Reactions: Hockeydudde
Geez when your late for the party everything has been said so I say ditto to all the above statements and just an awesome meal.

Warren

That piece of meat was cooked absolutely perfectly. Perfect doneness. Just an all around top notch meal.

Thank you John. This was another that didn't have a lot of offerings but care was taken with the ones we did have. It all came out well. You gotta try those mushroom casseroles buddy. They were great.

WOW, Just looks killer! Great work Robert

Thanks so much Dave. Not many recently have come out like this one so I was happy with it.

All that looks BETTER than restaurant quality. Well done.

Yes sir...you'll not get any arguments from me on that one :emoji_wink: At least for some reason I assume you are a "sir" as opposed to a "ma'am".

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky