Smoked pasta salad (sort of)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wutang

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 10, 2008
Omaha, Ne
Stealing a little inspiration from the bbq episode of "diners, drive-ins and dives" where the bbq resaurant uses smoked veggies for a salad dressing-my wife and I smoke a bunch of roma tomatoes, a yellow onion, some garlic cloves and green pepper over some apple wood for about 1 1/2 hours. We then peeled the veggies and pureed them with a mixer. We then added mayo, sour cream, ranch dip mix, garlic salt, cbp, ground mustard, and few other seasonings (sorry no measurements-we were winging it). We diced some more green pepper, red onion, scallions, cucumbers and shredded carrots. We combined the diced veggies, some pasta shells, and the smoky/creamy sauce. The pasta salad is very good-it is chilling in the fridge now-I got a feeling it will be even better after it gets good and cold. Thanks for checking the q-view!
3736b598_vbattach19948.jpg

d8efae31_vbattach19946.jpg

bfc15706_vbattach19947.jpg

cf9427b8_vbattach19945.jpg

f091375b_vbattach19944.jpg

that looks good wu............tho when i smoke veggies, i use a pizza pan with the holes all over the bottom........more smoke gets to the veggies.......be sure to report back.........

Good idea. I will have to try that next time. Just got back from the cookout we went to-everybody seemed to like it. Will definately make it again-might just tweek the technique a little.

Made this on Saturday, went to a friends house Sat evening. Brought the extra home and served it with the butt that I did on Sunday and I have to say it was a LOT better on the second day. Definately will make it again-maybe with WalkingDude's suggestion on the cooking technique. Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky