Smoked heat & serve sausage patties.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DieselTech

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 28, 2024
Kansas
Guys & gals what would be the best way to make heat & serve sausage patties using Jimmy Dean sausage?

Would I be better to smoke the whole roll like a fatty?
Or slice it in patties & then smoke to 160°f

Thanks.
1000000219.jpg

I've never frozen them after smoking. I just keep them in the fridge and slice, then nuke them for a few seconds. I make little sliders out of them. I usually do 1 or two (each a different flavor) and nosh on them through the work week. I did jalapeno poppers once with left over smoked fatties. The possibilities are endless!

I've never frozen them after smoking. I just keep them in the fridge and slice, then nuke them for a few seconds. I make little sliders out of them. I usually do 1 or two (each a different flavor) and nosh on them through the work week. I did jalapeno poppers once with left over smoked fatties. The possibilities are endless!
Hmmmm.....Now you got me to thinking......I got one of those breakfast sandwich makers. Now I gotta dig it out and make up some after I do the sausage.

Jim

Just be careful here guys...jimmy dean is a fresh sausage and does not have cure. The total time in the danger zone should be no longer than 4 hours. This includes cool down time to below 40*F. Also remember that when you cook the sausage, the INT should get above 140 as fast as possible...because the bacteria that have multiplied will resume growing on the reheat....until out of the danger zone....

Just be careful here guys...jimmy dean is a fresh sausage and does not have cure. The total time in the danger zone should be no longer than 4 hours. This includes cool down time to below 40*F. Also remember that when you cook the sausage, the INT should get above 140 as fast as possible...because the bacteria that have multiplied will resume growing on the reheat....until out of the danger zone....
I was thinking of smoking to an internal of 165 degrees....Letting it cool and slice then vac seal and freeze part of it for later use. Thinking it wont take more than a couple hours tops to get to 165. This should still be safe right?

Jim

I was thinking of smoking to an internal of 165 degrees....Letting it cool and slice then vac seal and freeze part of it for later use. Thinking it wont take more than a couple hours tops to get to 165. This should still be safe right?

Jim
Yes, if you are going to cook the patties, that would be fine. I read the OP as just wanting to get some smoke on the sausage and not cook them all the way......

Reactions: DieselTech
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky