Smoked Cured Chick Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Cured chicken breast in Pop's low salt brine for 5 days. Soaked in cold water for one hour. Seasoned with Jeff's original. Let dry 24 hours. Was getting my 30' patio roof replaced yesterday and they bought the wrong metal that I been waiting on for weeks. Suppose to be 16' and got 14'. Went to fire up RecTec and with the sun shining in smoker seen it was in bad need of cleaning. Got it all scraped and cleaned and one hour into smoke remember I forgot to put the heat deflector in. I been having temp problems all summer. Smoker ran near perfect without it. Now was it the cleaning or the heat deflector? Will put it back in and see next time. Anyhow I ran it 230 with cherry chips in smoke tube. Did go up to 250 at the end to get finished. Sliced it up this morning. Pretty good stuff.

20230924_121421.jpg 20230930_140710.jpg

20230930_172833.jpg 20230930_173130.jpg

20231001_083924.jpg 20231001_083928.jpg

This going to friends at river

20231001_090430.jpg

And this for me

20231001_090421.jpg

Made up some Blood Mary to take to river. Mix Zing Zang with Evil Cowboy. That Evil Cowboy Bloody Mary and Hot sauce off the charts good! Both have a great smoke flavor. Well time to pack for river.

20231001_090613.jpg

Man these are so good. Very tender and moist. Smoke perfect. Wish I would of tried one while still hot. Cured chicken and turkey are so good. The only way I will do turkey now.

Really nice Brian . Great color bud . Looks perfect .
Thanks Rich.
Looks great! Your friends are like my friends, well fed!
Thanks Jeff. Yes they are. I try to take care of them.
Oh man… that will make some killer sammichs!

Jim
Thanks Jim. That going to happen today!

Looks really good on my screen Brian. Does the chicken get a hammy taste with the brining?

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good. I have never done breasts like that. I'm pretty close to having some wild turkey breast so maybe try some with that.

What is the difference in curing and brining in this context? Did it have #1 in it? I've never cured chicken breasts, very interested, it looks great.

Reactions: JLeonard
What is the difference in curing and brining in this context? Did it have #1 in it? I've never cured chicken breasts, very interested, it looks great.
Yes it has cure #1. If you never had cured poultry need to give it a try. Really makes turkey breast taste good.

Reactions: LoydB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky