smoked and reverse seared tri-tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
bought Heffer Dust from Rec Tec to mix things up. smoked at 235 to about 110 IT, then seared at about 500 on the gasser to about 120 IT with cross grill marks - that went fast. turned out great, next time i will smoke at a lower temp for a longer smoke period. at 235 it was only about an hour to get to 110 IT, turned out very good.
IMG_4887.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: gmc2003
Tri tip looks good. I'm reverse searing one today.

When I reverse sear tri tip I usually smoke it ar180° to 200° for 2 to 3 hours and then sear it on the weber.

TT looks awfully good to me. Our grocer finally has TT in stock, but at 9.00/lb I don't think I'll be trying it to soon.

Point for sure.
Chris

thanks! Costco had TT for 5.99/lb and this was one of them. they only sold two at a time so one was vacuum sealed and frozen. didnt seem to detract from the goodness. not bad at all. I shop for several things at the local butcher, but they charge about 12/lb for the TT. hard to justify 2X the cost.

That TT looks absolutely delicious!
It's very expensive here too, if you can find one!
Only bought a couple in my life.
I can get ribeyes cheaper.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky