Small 100lbs propane tank build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Dave,

This weekend I will be doing more brisket, pulled pork (whole shoulder) and short ribs! I'm going to do it the day before we have guests so I don't end up rushing.

Thanks Dave,

This weekend I will be doing more brisket, pulled pork (whole shoulder) and short ribs! I'm going to do it the day before we have guests so I don't end up rushing.

This has been my favourite smoke so far. Pic is mid pull.
3ega9a4e.jpg

It took soooo long to get to the right temp but I started the day before so I wasn't rushed. After 12 hours in the smoker it went in the aga in the cooler part for several hours more. Wondering if one of my gauges is off. Well worth the wait though!

wow, great looking que.   Just a note from looking at your photos.  I have melted my corded probe thermometers (the brain part) by having it close to the cooking chamber-  I have also burned through the corded probe as well.  I would recommend maybe making a little wood box or something to deflect the heat from the bottom of your cooking chamber (just to protect your investment).  I recently crossed the bridge into using thermocouples and the digital thermometer to plug them into.  IT was about 30-35$ USD to get that set up (purchased on amazon and ebay- shipped directly from china)  but they work, and work rather well.  If your interested PM me and i'll send you the links i used.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky