Sliced pork belly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mofatguy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 31, 2019
Missouri
Hey everyone.
Been seeing questions from people on different places on here and the net asking what to do with pork belly that has already been sliced. How can they make bacon oit of it?

DON'T!!!!

Just sprinkle on a little salt and pan fry like regular bacon. It's fantastic!
Just recently had a small hog butchered and this piece of belly I sliced up fresh. Every bit as good as bacon IMHO.
Oh, those are fresh baby potatoes that have been boiled skin on. Put in fridge and every morning peel the skin, cube, salt and pepper, fry in bacon or sausage grease seasoning with s&p and you got good eats!
Only thing on this plate that didn't come off the farm fresh was the piggy.

Attachments

• 20190728_074036.jpg
    20190728_074036.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 43
I do the same with leftover salt potatoes. I slice instead of cube, but they sure make great home fries.

Reactions: Mofatguy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky