Shrimp Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
Good evening all. It has been soooo dang hot down here in Texas. We wanted something refreshing for dinner. Shrimp tacos sounded pretty dang good.

Shrimp marinade
EVOO
Honey
Lime juice
Minced garlic
SP

I usually copy cat a chilerelleno chilerelleno slaw recipe but I didn’t have time. On the way home from work I grabbed a bag of slaw and mixed it with Kinders chipotle lime dipping sauce that I had bought a few weeks ago. I topped it with feta cheese and had a side of red salsa. Stay cool everyone.

Fred
IMG_2944.jpeg

Now I could tear those up Fred! I tired of the heat and now the lake turning over. Won't be much longer will not be able to get in the river. All ready stinks pretty bad. So hot I did a pork butt in the oven this week. My buddy mom's way. Just pour some soy sauce over in a dutch oven, add a little water, cover bake 325. 5 hours later was done. Make thin gravy from juice and add back into the meat. Wow was that good!

Last edited:
Now I could tear those up Fred! I tired of the heat and now the lake turning over. Won't be much longer will not be able to get in the river. All ready stinks pretty bad. So hot I did a pork butt in the oven this week. My buddy mom's way. Just pour some soy sauce over in a dutch oven, add a little water, cover bake 325. 5 hours later was done. Make thin gravy from juice and add back to meat. Wow was that good!
No doubt about it Brian. Stay cool buddy. That pork butt recipe sounds like a good indoor alternative.

Fred

Man thats some great looking tacos. I'd eat those and be looking for more!!

Jim
Thanks Jim. They were just what the dr ordered on our 14th or 15th straight day over 100 degrees. Lost track by now.

Fred

Reactions: JLeonard
Alright, you need to stop now :emoji_laughing: I love shrimp and I love tacos so there's nothing about this not to love. The problem is that Tracy can't do seafood unfortunately. These may have to go on the menu for a bachelor night.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Some good looking takos Fred. I'm doing something with lobster tonight, but the shrimp takos will be on the menu this weekend.

Point for sure
Chris

Alright, you need to stop now :emoji_laughing: I love shrimp and I love tacos so there's nothing about this not to love. The problem is that Tracy can't do seafood unfortunately. These may have to go on the menu for a bachelor night.

Robert
Thanks Robert! I have to do the same thing with Asian dishes. My wife isn’t a fan so I make them when she is gone.

Fred

Some good looking takos Fred. I'm doing something with lobster tonight, but the shrimp takos will be on the menu this weekend.

Point for sure
Chris
I appreciate it, Chris. Lobster sounds good. I bet you enjoy that.

Fred

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky