Short Rib “Steaks” & Grilled Pineapple

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So my wife discovered our Costco started carrying short ribs and these baby’s found their way home……. Talk about labeling and they are almost as thick as a steak…..hence the “steak ribs”
A433117C-3E8D-4C91-9351-75EBB8AABB33.jpeg

Dropped these is our Korean/coke soy sauce marinade for a good soak….can of Coke, sugar in the raw, soy, oyster, lemon grass, garlic, gochujang, sesame oil, Korean chili flakes, ginger, rice wine vinegar.
BFD1AF95-D9C1-4884-8A86-E6C47D8F5A18.jpeg

The wife also scored a fresh pineapple and some nice grilling onions…..on the went on the Weber for some searing action…..
054BD323-9898-493E-AFBC-664A6A768892.jpeg

Turn after 4 min of sear……
73978802-4C53-4FB9-9031-89FCF2CB2CB5.jpeg

Bingo 8 mins of sear and ready to plate!!!
EFE3827E-AFE1-4114-8FB8-EA84617DF644.jpeg

This was plated over some jasmine rice and then some of the marinade was heated up to a boil and the ribs and rice were dressed with a couple of spoon fulls…..
CBB19F4C-8A81-4965-869F-67FC58B2501C.jpeg

“Holly Short Ribs Moly” this was yummy!
AAC16A13-24C2-4911-B8ED-D1E147F67A82.jpeg

Now that's the way to do it!

I always called them Korean ribs since the only placed you usually see them around here is Korean restaurants or Asian markets. I have only seen them at Costco once.

Got the round numbers for the marinade from the boy…..

Coke 1/2 - 1 can
sugar in the raw 2-3 Tbsp
soy sauce 1/4-1/2 cup
oyster sauce - Tbsp
lemon grass - 1/2 Tbsp of paste or 1/2 a lemon
garlic - 2-3 cloves
gochujang - 1-2 Tbsp
sesame oil - 1-2 Tbsp
Korean chili flakes - 1/2 - 1 Tbsp
ginger - 1/2 - 1 Tbsp paste or Tsp dry
rice wine vinegar - 2-3 Tbsp

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Now that's the way to do it!

I always called them Korean ribs since the only placed you usually see them around here is Korean restaurants or Asian markets. I have only seen them at Costco once.
Thanks 90, I was actually thinking about your grill as I had these laid out. I need to get the X-Fire back in service!

Yea we call them Korean Short ribs to….all our GS have them here but this is the first time we have seen them at Costco. The Costco ones were twice as thick as the GS cuts but with the marbling they were still pull apart tender

Way to go Civil, those ribs look fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris

Mercy! You and BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma killing with the Korean ribs on this morning scroll through the threads. Got my stomach growling and mouth watering.

Jim
Thanks Jim…..short ribs and eggs would work for breakfast for me any day of the week! Brian and me where channeling for sure!
Way to go Civil, those ribs look fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris
Many thanks Chris, much appreciated.
Wow those look Good! Love these things. I only get when Sam's has them discounted as the normally to prricy for me.
Thanks Brian! Yes we usually get the when they are on sale as well but when they are on sale we gobble them up!
Those would've definitely come home with me, too. Where does the line form??
Thanks GS! The line starts at the front door!

Reactions: JLeonard
What is that chant I hear in the background Civil? Sounds like ...EXFIRE, EXFIRE,EXFIRE! :emoji_blush:
They look delicious! You and Brian definitely on the same wavelength and nailed it.

Ryan

Wow Civil, a superb looking plate but those ribs are off the charts. Beautiful job sir.

Robert
Many thanks Robert!
What is that chant I hear in the background Civil? Sounds like ...EXFIRE, EXFIRE,EXFIRE! :emoji_blush:
They look delicious! You and Brian definitely on the same wavelength and nailed it.

Ryan
Yea baby, it’s in the hopper to start working on it again…..I really really want it back in service!

And thanks, we love these things they are easy, quick, and just tasty!

We're camping. And have the meals mapped out. But, I'm thinking after seeing this and Brians meal. I trip to the store might be in order! Looks darn right delicious!

We're camping. And have the meals mapped out. But, I'm thinking after seeing this and Brians meal. I trip to the store might be in order! Looks darn right delicious!
Steve this is a perfect camping meal, just mix up the marinade get the ribs in before you head out then just on the grill for a few mins a side and bam bam! Simple and quick leaving more time to lounge nectar in hand!

Id call that the 38th Parallel Special! And special is an understatement! Great cook right there! Looks phenominal!

Id call that the 38th Parallel Special! And special is an understatement! Great cook right there! Looks phenominal!
Thanks Buckeye! These thicker cut brought a new element to the flavor profile for sure. Like a meat pull apart

Reactions: Buckeyedude
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky