SECOND GO AT BIG OLE BEEF RIBS ON THE KETTLE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
I decided to smoke the other section of beef ribs I had vac packed in the freezer. Before I started I had to do some maintenance on the Weber Kettle. I had ordered a new ash sweep and installed it. I ordered the Weber charcoal tray and used it for the first time. The tray worked fine but I still prefer my old method as seen in my prior post . Rubbed the ribs heavy with brisket/steak rub and added lots of black pepper. Rolled cherry smoke for about 4 hours until the internal reached 205. Let em rest a bit and chowed down. I loved the bark, tenderness, juiciness and all that good beefy flavor. I am hooked on big ole beef ribs. Another fun and enjoyable smoke. Take care and keep on smokin!!
IMG_4962.jpg

Trimmed away a little fat
IMG_4967.jpg

Binder and the other stuff
IMG_4966.jpg

The sweat down
IMG_4969.jpg

Bout 2.5 hours in
IMG_4970.jpg

Resting while we are drooling
IMG_4972.jpg

I'll take those two please
IMG_4965.jpg

Thanks everybody for the nice words!! I think I am getting the hang of these giant beef ribs. Hard to believe I have not tried them before. I am definitely hooked. Take care and keep on smokin!!

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky