Seasoning the new stovetop griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
First off dont just wash the top. The shipping oil on the bottom smoked like crazy. I dont know the smoke detector did not go off. I did not think to wash that side also. I put the side with no lip towards the back. I did not want oil going down the front. I don't understand why the open side? Really need to come up with a 1/2" drip pan. Maybe a small sheet pan or make something out of foil. That small pan they give you was full from 4 pieces of bacon. Gonna take a while to learn how to set heat. Every new grill has a learning curve. Heats up good then when put bacon on cooled. I will fiqure it out. Has some cool spots but that expected. Really heavy. I think I while end up using some high temp RTC and attach legs. I think it gonna work out good, Be nice not caring all that stuff outside. Gonna make some corned beef hash tomorrow.

20200723_164741.jpg
20200724_170514.jpg

20200724_170630.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a nice looking griddle, care to share name and where you got it, thanks and enjoy it they can make great food. wife said I am banned from buying any more cooking stuff but I found out she wont dayvorce me lol

Thats a nice looking griddle, care to share name and where you got it, thanks and enjoy it they can make great food. wife said I am banned from buying any more cooking stuff but I found out she wont dayvorce me lol
I got it from here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky