Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok, I am doing links made from a wild hog my son killed, Home made German sausage links. I have Italian too just trying the German. This is my maiden smoke, trying something easy, Man that hickory smells awesome.

DO you guys keep a prope in the links or stick them periodically?

I keep my Taylor digitals probe in one of my sausages throughout the smoke, and keep a dial in another. I usually check the int. temp of a couple others when I'm at my completion temps with those two, just to be sure.

Thanks Mule. I tried to do the same, but my thermos would read the same temp. So I guess I need another brand to get different temps. also I did not get enough of a smoke flavor that I would of liked. kept them on for about 2 1/2 hours until they reached 175. had a full smoke going from the time they were inserted. 1st time smokeing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky