Sausage therapy required!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Good looking sticks, especially like the cut shots.  What soy protein did you use?  I've never tried soy in mine.
This batch came from Walton's and they use the Excalibur brand.  I liked it pretty well when I used it in sausage too, I'll order it again.

Your sticks look great Charlie, we are gearing up for the largest turnaround in our plants history, I know how you feel, all I can say is some days are better than others. 
icon14.gif
But, once we get through it, we have some decent time on the job that isn't quite as stressful!   Good luck!

It was some good stuff! I love my local taqueria

Great looking sticks!  They look much better than the ones I get from the butcher's counter a store while on my commute to work sometimes.

As for Menudo... About 6 months ago I sat my mother down and we made some.  I measured every ingredient so I had a real recipe not the ol "some of this , some of that" kind of recipe on such potentially complex dish.  We did it in an electric pressure cooker (5-6 qt) which turns the whole process from an overnight event of boiling and such, into about 1.5 hour "set and forget" cook!

If you guys are interested I'll post it so you can make it anytime and remove the mystery of making the dish.  BTW, her's destroys basically every other menduo out there. 

Same with her tamales, they are in a league of their own compared to other tamales.  No bland, dry, little tamales lacking meat.  They are out of this world!  Her tamales are also next on my pressure cooker recipe list.  I want to be able to buy a piece of pork and do everything in the same crock pot (cook meat, steam tamales, etc.) to know the amount of ingredients it takes and the number of tamales it makes to basically do it all in the 5-6qt pressure cooker.  Someday soon it will happen... someday :)

Great looking sticks!  They look much better than the ones I get from the butcher's counter a store while on my commute to work sometimes.

As for Menudo... About 6 months ago I sat my mother down and we made some.  I measured every ingredient so I had a real recipe not the ol "some of this , some of that" kind of recipe on such potentially complex dish.  We did it in an electric pressure cooker (5-6 qt) which turns the whole process from an overnight event of boiling and such, into about 1.5 hour "set and forget" cook!

If you guys are interested I'll post it so you can make it anytime and remove the mystery of making the dish.  BTW, her's destroys basically every other menduo out there. 

Same with her tamales, they are in a league of their own compared to other tamales.  No bland, dry, little tamales lacking meat.  They are out of this world!  Her tamales are also next on my pressure cooker recipe list.  I want to be able to buy a piece of pork and do everything in the same crock pot (cook meat, steam tamales, etc.) to know the amount of ingredients it takes and the number of tamales it makes to basically do it all in the 5-6qt pressure cooker.  Someday soon it will happen... someday :)
Hello TallBm, I would be interested in that for sure, and if you are willing to share the Tamales recipe, I would be indebted.... I have not had a decent one since working in Poza Rica Mexico when the ladies in the local towns and villages would come out and set up a little cantina for us just outside of our work site.  

Hello TallBm, I would be interested in that for sure, and if you are willing to share the Tamales recipe, I would be indebted.... I have not had a decent one since working in Poza Rica Mexico when the ladies in the local towns and villages would come out and set up a little cantina for us just outside of our work site.  
I'll get to posting the Menudo recipe soon, it is great and much simpler with a pressure cooker than with just a pot and a stove.

I will definitely post the tamale recipe as soon as I get it figured out and nailed down.  I just need to make the time for it and make a trip to the parent's house some weekend.

I'll get to posting the Menudo recipe soon, it is great and much simpler with a pressure cooker than with just a pot and a stove.

I will definitely post the tamale recipe as soon as I get it figured out and nailed down.  I just need to make the time for it and make a trip to the parent's house some weekend.
I'm looking forward to this!

I'm looking forward to this!
As promised you can see my (well my mother's) Menudo recipe using an electric pressure cooker here!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/259073/mexican-menudo-soup-pressure-cooker

Here is the pic from the post just to show you how it turned out :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky