SATURDAY BRISKET and OTHER STUFF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not sure how many yet, Going to some over to my grand son's best friends, since they feed him a lot, Me and my wife, probably #1 and #2 son's daughter-in -law and other grand son Who Knows, nobody tell the cook anything, we also have Baked beans, Cold Slaw and Potato Salad

Gary S

Eight and a quarter hours in, Just spritzed, probably wrap St. Louis around 2:30  Country Style looking good, not sure if I'll wrap them or not I'll see later. Probably put the sausage and Boudin on when I wrap the St. Louis.

Gary S

That did it---That last picture took it over the top with that full smoker with all that Beautiful Color inside!!!----------
points.gif

I can't wait to see all the final shots!!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Doing an Awesome Job, Gary!!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Bear if you like that one look at this one    Everything on, St. Louis Ribs wrapped Country Style coming along Pork Butt and Brisket still wrapped, Sausage and Boudin on. Beans, Cold Slaw and Potato Salad Done.  Costing again   for a while

Reactions: crownified
Hi Gary, your briskets always look awesome. I notice you and a few others use butcher paper instead of foil. What's the reasoning behind that? Is that the secret to a moist brisket that still has a nice bark? Am I correct that this is a non coated paper? 

I'm going to put on a #10 Angus choice full packer late tonight for a lunch tomorrow. I don't make briskets often because I've ended up with mixed results. They are often too dry, but I've never wrapped. I'm going to try wrapping this one at about 160F and hope for the best. 

Yes, It helps with the bark, and still helps hold a little moisture, not as much as foil, But I cook low and slow 225º

Good Luck

Thank ya'll for the nice complements 

Gary

My  St. Louis Ribs got done way quicker than I expected, Also I am thinking they miss-labeled the package, I am pretty sure they are Baby Backs,  So here they are, waiting on everything else.

Gary, can you confirm if you use a non coated paper? The pics looks like it might be waxed - would that be ok at low temps? Thanks,

--bob

Oh, and those ribs look delicious.

Non coated 

and 

Thank you

I went ahead and wrapped the country style ribs, wanted to keep them real moist, put a little squeeze margarine and apple juice in the foil. Probably take up the sausage and boudin in a few.

Getting close,   I normally never check my brisket temp but for this post I did,  Brisket was about 185º  Pork Butt at 190º    11 hours @ 225º

More pictures in a bit.

Gary

Reactions: smoking b
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky