Ruby ale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

broozer

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
Portland, OR
Just brewed a copy of McMenamin's Ruby ale, a local brewery chain favorite. 1-1/8 lbs. of fresh raspberries in the secondary. According to my friend who's favorite beer is Ruby, it's exactly the same. Just the right amount of tart and sweetness in an all-day brew.

20240513_135305.jpg

Looks fantastic. Willing to share your recipe? I am just finishing the lagering of a pilsner for the summer boating season. Have ingredients ready for a vanilla bean milk stout and just need a full day to be able to brew it.

Reactions: DieselTech
Darn that looks so tasty! I got away from making beer many years ago and switched to wine making. That there is tempting me to start again. Thanks for sharing.

That is a hobby I'd like to take up, but never got past drinking the beer.
I have considered it many many times, but I feel it is a really bad idea for me to A: have that much alcohol on hand and B: be able to control the amount of alcohol that it will contain. Not gonna lie, Im really impressed with myself for realizing these things and still not going through with it!........

Nice looking brew, but it looks better sitting atop of the Beerpole. LOL

Point for sure
Chris

Looks like a great beer. Had to see where it is brewed. The shipping rules gave me a chuckle considering what is "legal" in Oregon these days.

One of our most popular beers, we still make Ruby with the same aims we had when brewing the first batch back in 1986: To create an ale that's light, crisp and refreshingly fruity. Great Western Premium 2-Row and 42 pounds of Oregon-grown raspberry puree is used to craft every batch. For over 30 years, Ruby has been admired by a devoted fan base and remains as she first was: simple but delicious.
Fruit: Raspberry
Malts: Premium 2-Row, Maltodextrin
Hops: Chinook
OG: 1.040 TG: 1.008 ABV: 4.13 IBU: 5 SRM: 4

• 16oz Can
  • Oregon Liquor Control Commission permits us to ship within the state of Oregon with these limitations:
    • Up to 6 bottle of spirits (no more than 2 of the same)
    • Up to 40 cans or bottles of beer
    • Up to 18 cans of cider
    • One order per customer per day (if we receive more than one order in a day going to the same address, we will have to hold the order until the next business day)
  • Alcohol will be shipped by GLS, a licensed OLCC carrier. Adult signature of a person 21 and over is required upon receipt. We recommend shipping to an address where someone 21 or older will be present to sign for the delivery. Carriers cannot deliver to PO boxes; a physical street address is required. Packages will be returned after three delivery attempts, and shipping will not be refunded.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky