Ribeyes (Bone-in)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks just awesome Bear.... Not sure how I almost missed this thread but sure glad I caught it ! Nice Q view & the last few pics of the plate.... Well.... I'd be all over that ! :biggrin: Great thread ! :beercheer:

The ones I bought from the market mostly had a big thick ridge of fat without a lot of meat in it running along the bottom, so I didn't feel too bad about cutting it away and discarding it. And it was only a 2-bone (~4-5 lb) section of the roast anyway, so the total loss wasn't very high and not worth trying to separate from the fat.

At the same time I bought a separate 4-bone roast (~9# or so?) and for that I just cut the entire rib section away to make beef back ribs, and sliced those ribeyes to be boneless.

If I were to cut an entire rib roast this way, I'd look for some way to use the leftover meat.
Thank You for the reply!!

All makes good sense to me!

Bear
Looks just awesome Bear.... Not sure how I almost missed this thread but sure glad I caught it ! Nice Q view & the last few pics of the plate.... Well.... I'd be all over that !
biggrin.gif
Great thread !
beercheer.gif
Thank You Very Much!!

I Appreciate the nice comments!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky