Rib eye roast.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
There won't be a Thanksgiving meal today. Not sure what I'm/we are doing now. Perhaps hit a restaurant after taking care of a few arrangements that we can get done this morning. But I did have this in mind.

PB280106.jpg

Found a a real nice deal on some rib eye roasts. Picked up 4. This was the smallest at 3.7 pounds. Any tips on a good rub. Not sure if this will hit the smoker.
Or just seared. And put in oven.

Good choice ,I have been using sucklebusters 1836 rub on my steaks and really like it, A dry brine for 24 hrs with it might really step the flavor up on a roast. I'm sure it will turn out great just about any way you cook it .

Reactions: Steve H
Personally for me it's salt, pepper, and a little garlic it's a great cut of meat I let it speak for itself.

I usually use celery salt, CBP, garlic powder, onion powder and a touch of sugar for good measure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky