Restaurant search

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I guess I blew that one! The city lines are well blurred after not having been in that neighborhood for over ten years. My apologies if I have unintentionally misled anyone!

And I am sure that if there are any doubts about Smoken' Joe's exact whereabouts one can follow their nose or look for a crowd!

Many years of continued success, Joe and Wendy!

See Ya Soon!
Cheers!

When it comes to the Boston area I am easily confused! Get me in one of those rotary turns and I'm stuck like Chevy Chase in National Lapoons Vacation Movie!
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Joe

What time in the morning would one find someone there???
Past the rt20 exit on 495 0n the way up Sat. morning at about 0730...figured it was too early to stop for a visit...will be coming back thru Thursday..hopefully closer to noon..Hope to catch ya then..

Hey Richard, I'm usually there at 8am and the crew comes in at 9am. Closer to noon works for me because the morning is a rush prepairing for lunch. Hope to see ya thursday.

Joe

Today I had a very humbling and pleasant visit with the most gracious gentleman a person would ever want to meet..after missing a few rt. # signs, and an unplanned tour of the streets of Boston.. We finally got headed in the right direction and found our way to Smoken Joes...and met the Man himself...
Like I said.. a most gracious gentleman...it was like we were long lost friends getting together again...started getting the grand tour immediately...also the sampling as well...all great stuff...Joe has nailed everything...from the sauces to the rubs....my wife doesn't like rice...but when she tasted his dirty rice...do you think I could even get a second taste...ha..no way...the kitchen/prep area might be a little small...but I tell ya, some mighty fantastic things happen there...they sure put a lot of work into the place, and went thru a lot of BS..but it was all worth it and they are on their way to being a big success...my hat is off to you and your family Joe...well worth the drive up to see ya again.....
Got a bunch of pics to post also...

The sign outside..

Joe..

Brisket.

Ribs

More ribs

Corn bread

Pulled pork

Briskets and butts

Of course ya got to have chips

Chicken

Bud ...Joe is anxious to hear if that rub worked out for you...

Joe .. We will be seeing you again soon!!!!! Thank you again for the take home...everything was fantastic....

Richard, It was my pleasure to meet you and your wife. I enjoyed your company and hope to see you both again soon. Did you find the Mass Pike? :) Thanks for the hat also. I had only wished that you could have stayed longer and that I had more free time to sit and talk with you. But, you seen the salesmen there and they were hanging around to take the food order. As of wednesday we have sold over 300lbs of pulled pork, over 300 lbs of ribs and 300lbs of brisket <not bad for being open for 2 weeks and no advertising> Richard I am sorry I hadn't noticed the flowers that you sent <slapping my head> But as you seen they are on the bar in the window. I was so busy that when they were delivered that nobody told me they came. Good help is hard to find, However I did read the card and want to thank you and Debbie for them. We tried to create a place that wasn'ta dive and had a comfortable feel. Lastnight I was called out to the dinning room 5 times to meet people. They wanted to meet me and all of them loved the BBQ and sauces. If makes all the bull we went through worth it when our guest want to meet with the "Smoken Joe" :) The most complaints I've gotten was that we do not at this time serve desert and very soon we will be serving pie. <I need to find more fridge space>. Again I would like to thank you for taking time to come up. It's great to meet the folks from here and yes, we are like old lost friends because we have a common bond for great bbq and willing to put in that extra effort and go that extra mile to serve up the best bbq to friends and family. You guys are the BEST! and I do want to say one more thing to all of you. Thank You for your support through our tough time, It was worth all of the BS we went through. well, Time to wake up the kid and start my day.

Your in Smoken,

Joe

Joe..
Yes, we did find the Mass pike ok....thanks to your directions....made it home just in time to get the other two "Babies" from the vets....( had to do a little of that low flying stuff)....they were happy to get home as well after a week of vacation...
I too, am sorry we didn't have the time, to spend more time together...you were busy with the salesmen and if we hadn't had an unplanned tour of Boston, time would have been better well spent..
Can't ask for a better compliment than that when they want to meet the GREAT CREATOR OF THE BBQ....you don't have anything to worry about... you have it all together...and are certainly on the way to the top...
A little help for those that might be driving...don't try to come in on Rt. 20...too many missing signs...( unplanned tour of Boston) ...get on the Mass Pike east...get off at exit 18...should be the Cambridge/Alliston exit... follow signs for Cambridge ST., which turns into Washington St...go past the Medical center..start looking to your right for the building numbers...you want # 351...the parking area is thru an alley immediately prior to and right next to #351...park and enjoy the great company and of course the great food...
Joe
Stay well my friend...
See ya again soon

Three weeks and Lord willing I will be a Smoken' Joe's Customer!

Countin' the days!

Cheers!

Great directions Richard! We got hit hard tonight and came close to running out of food.. <smoked food> .. I'm tired been up since 5:30 am and am just getting home. Wendy is still there closing up with Michael <my son> BTW Richard, Great Pics:) did you get one of the bar? Well, it's bed time for me .. and by looking at the pics I need my beauty sleep .. lol .. Thanks Again and hope to see ya soon... Would be cool if ya planned a trip when Monty comes up too <maybe down for Monty and up for you> Night folks ..

Joe

Joe..
That would be great if a get together with Sir Monty could happen...have to check calendar and work schedule...lots of new things happening at work...and I'm the only mechanic to install and set up the new machinery...if I didn't make reservations for vacation a year ahead of time I'd never get any quality time off...Let's see what I can do...Here are the only pics of the bar I got...the pics you already posted are much better...

Bud ...Joe is anxious to hear if that rub worked out for you...

Joe,

Glad the place is killin' them!!!!

Have not used the rub yet.....stand by!

Got some bad news today that hit me like a hammer.

All leave for the next two weeks is cancelled. If you have not died you must report to work.

So, I must unfortunately wait a while before I can visit Smoken' Joe's.

I believe my next window of opportunity will be in October. I am truly disappointed and not only because I wanna visit Joe's I was also hoping a few of the faithful could be there, too!

Shucks, Gosh Dang it! But I must keep the paycheck flowing for now!

Cheers!

Never thought I would be older than my Faithful Mama!

BTW, my friend in Antiquities was of no help. When you ever get up to this area I can show you a bazillion little old cemeteries that have some very interesting headstones.

Cheers!

Monty..
Sorry to hear that the powers that be have tightened up the ole thumb screws...but as it is...works out better for me...as I said before ...lots of things happening at work...and I'm the only one there to do the install and set up...Oct works a lot better...Really would like to be able to do the meet at Joes..
Later

Richard,

Since we are public servants there are times when we must take the call to duty. This is one of those times. We will most likely even work a State Holiday, Bennington Battle Day, Thursday the sixteenth. We are doing Railroad Crosing updates and have finally put he entire program together in coordination with the railroad and other entities not to mention getting the funding and locating the necessary materials! We are ready to rock!

And of course during the entire project we will be urking the motoring public! Such is the fun!~

The East Coast Cadre of the SMF will meet soon! Hopefully before Snow flies. But I am looking at around Columbus day at this point. Debi take note!

Cheers!

Monty Columbus day happens to be a federal holiday thatworks well.

Gyspy don't make that gathering around columbus day I have a previous comitment!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky