Reheating whole butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Keezy

Original poster
Jul 23, 2018
My wife planned to host a party tonight so I put 2 extra butts on during yesterday’s cook. After hitting 195 meat temp I shut down the air vents and rested them in smoker for like an hour at around 160 air temp, then foil wrapped, chilled, and refrigerated them. Today I asked her to take one out, still in the foil, and put right in the oven at 350 until it hit 160 on the meat thermometer. This took about 45 minutes cooking alongside some mac n cheese. Wow - the results were great... meat was tender and juicy like I just pulled it off the smoker. This is my first time trying this method - I’ve always pulled my pork that day of the cook in the past and had trouble with it getting dry on the reheat.

Glad it worked out for you. I've never gone that route before may have to give it shot in the future.

Chris

Congrats! That's pretty much how I do things. I rarely eat what I smoke the same day. Use a similar method to reheat but much lower temp (170F) so I don't overshoot it. Also, I always breakdown PP or other large fare down into meal sized portions and vac seal and freeze for later use.

If you have time, using a lower temp would be the way to go for the highest quality. I’ll try the other one on Friday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky