Ref; New Bacon flavour idea

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I didn't bother to take pictures this time, just no energy with this cold and all. Now keep in mind due to the cold, my sense of taste is out of whack..but I think I really over did it on the garlic. I'm thinking reduce the garlic by half, add an extra smidge of ginger next time..

This might be a better flavour profile for canadian bacon as well. I'll have to experiment.

I know us Stubble Jumpers have been known for some strange habits, but......butter on a raw garlic clove????
Gary

Well, one year Grandpa though he saw great futures in Garlic.
There was this fad going on the year before about the great benefits of eating garlic.
So Grandpa planted the whole garden in Garlic. He was going to get rich on Garlic!
Needless to say it got away from him, and it bolted to seed and spread all over. So for years and years there was volunteer garlic springing up everywhere. It became more of a weed, than the weeds.

Along comes me and we are taking care of them in their last years. I use to pick a new garlic plant as I was working the garden, peal the outer skin, and eat it like a green onion.
Of course, I stunk like garlic when I'd come in the house. And that made the Daughter gag.
She'd retch and say, "Dad's been in the Gar-yuks again!" Retch, retch...

She's outgrown her Garlic-phobia, but its been 40 more years now... LOL!:emoji_laughing:

I remember as a kid, the "medicinal" approach... a 1/2oz shot of vodka 15min before dinner, fresh clove on your plate, and NO colds or flu! When you started school, you got a full oz!
There was also a pungent weed that Baba grew in the garden... tall ferny type with a silver powder on it... she'd boil this to make a stock, boil down the stock into a dark syrop and mix that 50/50 with vodka.
I swear to God it was home made "Buckley's Mixture".
She said it was "Rheumatoid Medicine" a strong anti-inflamatory.

Every culture has their own styles!

I wonder what the plant was Nanuk, be curious to research more of the home remedy plants out there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky