Asian jerky.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning folks!
After seeing Jeff jcam222 jcam222 with his latest batch of Asian jerky. I got the craving for some as well.
2.5 pounds of CSR random cuts. Thin to 1/4"
Marinaded 24 hours with:
3/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tbs gochujang sauce
3 tsp black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder.
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs worsy sauce
2 tsp roasted sesame oil.
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp cure #1. This is a 2.5 pound batch

IMG_20231124_055203452_HDR.jpg

Before putting in the dehydrator I put some of the red Asian flakes on it.
The grinder from Flatiron works mint! Highly recommend it.

IMG_20231124_102240076 (1).jpg

After 5 hours at 167 degrees it was ready. Really tasty. And spicy!!

Definitely looks tasty! Just trimmed a pork loin last night... time for more Thai jerky and some Bearcarver pork loin jerky!

Ryan

Looks great Steve! I'd like to get mine down to 5 hours as I'm usually about 8-9. I don't pat mine dry do you?

Definitely looks tasty! Just trimmed a pork loin last night... time for more Thai jerky and some Bearcarver pork loin jerky!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!

Looks great Steve! I'd like to get mine down to 5 hours as I'm usually about 8-9. I don't pat mine dry do you?
Thanks Jeff! No, I don't pat mine dry. For beef jerky. I usually go to 6-7 hours.

Reactions: jcam222
Should have asked earlier... how spicy is it compared to the Thai jerky you did?

And you do know I'll have to check out that grinder! 😉

Ryan

Steve H Steve H Thanks for this recipe!
Been wanting to try this one for a while and finally got around to it. This was my first try at whole muscle jerky. I used 3 pounds of loin sliced 1/4" against the grain and smoked it in my Yoder at 150. Turned out damn good! Nice and smoky with a spicy punch. Wife says it's a bit too spicy for her but she keeps on eating it so......
This one is a keeper for sure. Thanks man!

Jerky.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky