Ref; Breakfast Fatty..ish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
As it turns out, I overdid the pancakes, and it suffered a bit of an issue rolling. Fortunately, no one cares because it's so darn tasty...

I added mixed dried berries into a buttermilk pancake mix for my pancakes, undercooking them a bit like Brian told me. Same with the scrambled eggs, undercooked slightly. I put a layer of pancake down, then some maple syrup <The last bits of my maple syrup from Scott over in Michigan! Thanks Buddy!>. I then added pancake and more syrup. I was thinking of adding more berries, but I am glad I didn't try..this one was a wreck if I was going into a competition.

On the other hand, I got to use my homemade maple pork sausage for a fatty, and now I really want to do some thing like a muffin stuffed fatty when we get fresh berries again.

Attachments

• 20190211_220735.jpg
    20190211_220735.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 20190211_220740.jpg
    20190211_220740.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 20190211_220743.jpg
    20190211_220743.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 217
My wife and kids would have loved that combo. Nice looking fatty.

Point for sure
Chris

Appears carousel worthy. What you think Al?

I agree, but those small photo's appear real grainy when you put them up on the carousel. I have tried before & unless the photo is full size it just won't transfer very well, but I'll give it a try & see if these are different!
Al

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I don't know how you call that a wreck Tom. Looks great. Too bad they take so long, would love those fresh for breakfast, but not ambitious enough to get up that early.

Aww Shucks! Thanks guys! I even made the Carousel and I thought this was a failure!

See the top of the fatty didn't exactly seal..so with out the bacon weave I could easily see the stuffing... so I figured it was a flop..!

Jeff; you can actually make in advance and reheat in a pan briefly, crisp it up a bit more even!

Glad my bad photos worked on the carousel Al :)

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
This might be a stupid question, but do restaurants offer fatties? I have never seen one at a restaurant, which is why I ask.

I have never seen them offered. But I can imagine why they don't offer them as well. High cost item, lot of prep work, and not easily kept for the next day. <I don't know how BBQ joints can do their ribs etc for their all you can eat rib days to be fair. You need 6 hours, so it's not like slap another burger on.>

Not to mention the name, I think alot of people would be turned off by the name. Maybe some one will chime in with hands on knowledge!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky