Redoing the plastic after 20 years

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Took advantage of no wind and a nice sunny day to redo the green house that I built some 20 years ago. Plastic finally gave in so I found green house plastic from Amazon. 20x16 for 69 bucks. Way more then what I needed but having extra made the replacement that much easier. Very happy with the way it turned out.

RBd6nxV.jpg

FgwYwEd.jpg

ml6NHzn.jpg

ZhOaY7t.jpg

QXUCjaL.jpg

94eeNFC.jpg

Looks good. What ya gonna have growing in it?

Jim
Mostly starting tomato plants. Over the years it became more of garden storage LOL
To early to tell what I might end up growing. As you can see snow is still on the ground. I have time to decide :emoji_wink:

Reactions: JLeonard
Wow! That plastic will last 20 years? What is it? Most everything will dry rot much faster. I’m impressed!

Wow! That plastic will last 20 years? What is it? Most everything will dry rot much faster. I’m impressed!
Back then I bought it from a Farmers Co-op. Not sure if the plastic is any thicker then 6 mil but I do know its UV protected which helps.

I can vouch for the plastic, as long as it is processed and called Greenhouse plastic. It is like KB stated
UV protected and feels like a heaver 6mil. I had mine at last house for over 15 years and I drive by and it is still standing.
I did mine in two layers with strapping between the layers. i would start a lot of my plants in Feb. I had heaters and sprinkler time set up also

David

Yikes, you still have nasty white stuff 😱
Yup and it just keeps coming. Suppose to have April showers not April snow. The blue part of the radar is where I live. Thats snow coming down today. :emoji_frowning2:

Attachments

• screenshot-www.theweathernetwork.com-2023.04.29-10_39_28.png
    screenshot-www.theweathernetwork.com-2023.04.29-10_39_28.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 12
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky