Recommendations on a charcoal grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jord

Original poster
May 5, 2007
Ontario
Hey all,

I know it may be a faux pas to ask about grills on a smoking forum
icon_redface.gif
but I'm looking to purchase a new charcoal grill this year and figure there are likely many folks knowledgeable in this realm around here.

I currently own a small Weber charcoal grill but am looking for something larger. I saw a Broil-Mate model that I was interested in but haven't found any reviews of it. http://shopping.canoe.ca/shop/produc...d_5189345.html

Any help would be appreciated.

not sure if sams is in canada but they finally changed there big charcoal grill from a crankable charcoal tray to one with "shifter handles" on the front, its much nicer, the ones with the crank handle usually break and then your stuck with raising and lowering a nasty old charcoal pan by hand. I don't know if I'll spring for one this year or not.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...Id=prod1250116

Stick with Weber. If you have a small Weber then you may have the 18" and the 22" is the most popular. They also make a 26" and the Ranch at 37".

Look on craigslist for a used Weber. I got my 22 1/2" kettle for $25, and I have seen the bigger ones for $100.

Stick with Weber.

I have a 18.5" kettle and the Performer which is a fancified 22" kettle with a table and gas fired to light the charcoal.

Go with a known brand. The virtual weber bullet site has a forum for all sorts of other Weber grills too...lots of good info there.

So do you guys think I should go with a Weber?
icon_smile.gif

Maybe I'll look into a larger one. Mine's the 18" and it's just too small for my purposes.

Thanks!

If you look around you can find those nice ones that have the propane lighter, and work table for about $150 used. And the work table comes in handy when you are using your smoker to.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky