Quick Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hecXCV

Original poster
May 15, 2022
My husband and in-laws spent the day outside getting the animals ready for winter, so I threw together some ribs and corn on the cob for them.

Covered them with some applewood rub, bbq seasoning, Blackstone all purpose seasoning, and some hickory smoked bbq sauce.
Cooked in the oven at 350 until they came to temp (about 1.5 hours-2 hours)

Attachments

• 300D7F6C-F479-4E42-80F7-9D984F7B5658.jpeg
    300D7F6C-F479-4E42-80F7-9D984F7B5658.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 45568D55-4117-47DC-A29C-457C483B2579.jpeg
    45568D55-4117-47DC-A29C-457C483B2579.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 28
My husband and in-laws spent the day outside getting the animals ready for winter
I'm trying to figure out what getting them ready for winter entails. My cows/calves spend their entire lives in the field year round, and the only thing different in winter is that they get supplemented with hay and grain. I get them ready by making sure I have enough fodder to last them through the winter.

Reactions: hecXCV
I'm trying to figure out what getting them ready for winter entails. My cows/calves spend their entire lives in the field year round, and the only thing different in winter is that they get supplemented with hay and grain. I get them ready by making sure I have enough fodder to last them through the winter.

We got a bigger coop for our chickens and peacocks and they were taking down the old one to put up the new one so they’d have more room to all get in out of the weather.

• Love
Reactions: negolien and DougE
We got a bigger coop for our chickens and peacocks and they were taking down the old one to put up the new one so they’d have more room to all get in out of the weather.
Gotcha. I keep the coop small enough to retain heat while allowing room for all the birds.

Gotcha. I keep the coop small enough to retain heat while allowing room for all the birds.
Allowing some venting to let water vapor out of the coop is important, too. Cold met with humidity is a bad mix as far as frostbite. Depending on the breed, most chickens handle cold fine, but cold and humid conditions, not so much. Your ribs looked delicious, as well.

Reactions: hecXCV and negolien
My husband and in-laws spent the day outside getting the animals ready for winter, so I threw together some ribs and corn on the cob for them.

Covered them with some applewood rub, bbq seasoning, Blackstone all purpose seasoning, and some hickory smoked bbq sauce.
Great job there!

I like me some oven ribs. I do em the same as I do in the smoker... unrwapped. HOWEVER, I do put a little water down in the bottom of the pan so the drippings dont burn up lol.

Keep up the good cookin! :)

Mmmm that looks real good. What kind of animals do you have? I've raised a few critters over the years. I had some lambs that made the absolute best meat I've ever had.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky