Question on bacon wrappd turkey breast.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

will work 4 bbq

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
FEMA REGION 9 (california)
Hey fellow meat aficionados!
I'm smoking two turkey breasts tomorrow for thanksgiving, My plan is to butterfly them so that I can pound them out and put cream cheese and cranberry sauce on 'em, roll them up and wrap them in a bacon weave. My question(s), Should I use a rub between the turkey and bacon if I already brined them? I'm not planning on leaving the skin on because I don't want it to be soggy. Also around how long of a cooking time per pound should I expect?
Thank You all and Happy Thanksgiving.

Rub is up to you, no salt is a good idea. Time depend on smoker temp. Under 325, about 15 minutes per pound of the biggest roll. Over 325, about 10 minutes per...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky