Question for Smoke Daddy users!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thadoc

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
Hastings, MN
I have just received the Smoke Daddy cold smoker today and was about to install it when I realized that there was no grate inside the tube just above the bottom cap! Does anyone know if that grate is suppose to come with it? Everyones pics I see here all have the grate in there and I assume that you need that to keep the chips, pellets, etc off of the air valve.
icon_neutral.gif

Yup, emailed him earlier and just got a reply. There was suppose to be the screen in the bottom of it! He was cool about it, and will ship it out tomorrow! Thanks everyone, I just wanted to make sure that I was right about it before I make an ass of myself... can't wait to get it up and smokin'!

I've had one for quite some time now and the screen has a hole burnt into it from me lighting it with a torch.
It's welded in there, do they expect you to weld the screen in yourself?
Or, are they sending you a whole unit?

It would be a lot easier to clean without that expanded metal screen in there. It would never get all black & sticky in there.
Wouldn't smoke much though.

;-)

My screen is just pushed in not welded. The screen is stainless and the tube is aluminum I don't think it could be welded.

He said he was going to send me the screen, he asked what size I had so I assume the he is going to shape it so it will just slide right in! I tried to make one out of an alum drain cover I bought but whenever I put the chips in a put the heat to it the screen would fall out of the bottom! I guess I will have to wait until I get it before I can really smoke with it! He was cool about it, he shipped it out this morning! Thanks everyone!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky