pulled brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
standing over the pit- kentucky
yesterday i took out a big chunk of brisket from the other day & simmered it down for about 4 hrs & added 1 of those mccormick au jus packs to it w/ a bit of my smoked garlic paste.took some to the girls @ our little convience store/deli/feed shop/movie rental/etc.(it's a very small town)....needless to say i do believe i will be selling whole smoked meats to them for the deli. if you're looking for something to do w/ your left over brisket- this rocked. just simmerdown & add the au jus pack & a bit of smoked garlic- maybe even a splash of beer.

Oooh, that sounds good! I'm going to try to find a nice brisket next weekend, this will be my first REAL smoke.
icon_wink.gif

Hey Gypsy, you must have missed what I said a few days ago about the liquid au jus concentrate made by "Johnnys Fine Foods" in Tacoma WA. It is SOoo... much better than anything you have tasted, I garontee! Also, I make it up and put it in the smoker for a few hours, that makes ALL the difference in the world! If you can't buy it at the local grocerie store, let me know and I will send you a case.
icon_smile.gif
Terry

Sounds great gyp, i'm still remanising over the brisket i done last nite, i will try that and maybe i can get the girls to eat left overs 3 nites in a row.

shut up, your maken me hungery now.

Speaken of horseraddish, do you have any beef sauces containing it other than white/cream witch i like homemade

no, but that gave me an idea- smoked brisket, cubed after, to make smoked brisket stroganoff w/ a tbsp or 2 of horsey in w/ the sour cream..... i feel a recipe coming on.....

that sounds tasty, my mom make strogenoff often in the winter, she may get an early start this year when i take her some of this leftovers i got.

yes,both

I'm just looking for more ways to use it, we grind our own and really like the stuff, maybe not just with beef. My mom has made a bird sauce that is pritty good on goose, may have to get her to thinkn about more recipes

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky